Chapter 9

She looked like she made herself at home and very comfortable on the lumpy cushions.

I find myself smiling and my heart beating fast. I shook my head. This is Bolin's shot of being happy. I can't take that away from him.

But as I think that, I take my scarf and roll it into a pillow. I pushed the scarf under her neck to level out her head.

(Y/n) shifted and let out a tired sigh. Bolin had gone to his room to change. I took off my coat and plopped it in a corner of the vast room.

I walked into the kitchen, combing my fingers through my hair trying to relax.

"Bolin, I'm making supper now!" I shout to notify him.
------
(Y/n) POV

You wake up with the scent of ash and sweet fire. You shift and let out a tired sigh.

You had no idea where you were but you didn't care: it was warm. You turn your head deeper into the couch, trying to escape the light.

Your senses are flooded with scent from earlier. You breath in: fire, ash, wood, smoke. The scent was dark, heavy, and inviting.

The item carrying the sent was soft and warmer than the couch. You nuzzle into it, almost suffecateing yourself at one point.

You hear voices.

Two males.

Mako and Bolin.

You open your eyes and see Mako's red scarf and a dull tan couch. Your heart beats faster with every second.

You shot up quick. You fall to the ground hard with your thoughts all over the place.

"Your awake!" Bolin whooped. You force a smile, as Bolin rushed over to you.

"(Y/n)?" Mako breathed out quietly. Your skin shuddered and your stomach flipped.

He says one word: your name. Your head used to be clear now it was foggy, he makes thinking hard with his voice made of fiery red silk.

You had just stood up when Bolin wraps his arms around you and gives you a quick hug. His green eyes were bright with joy. You find yourself smiling with sincerity.

Bolin leaves the room shouting Pabu's name excitdly.

You stood there awkwardly, unsure if you should make the first move to hug.

His fiery orange eyes locks in with your (e/c). Your heart skips a beat and you gulp audibly.

He was about to take a step but Pabu scampers in with an ear-deafening shriek. You slightly blush and turn to Pabu, who jumps onto the coffee table and onto you.

Caught off gaurd, you fall backwards and onto the couch with a yelp.

Pabu starts licking your face and kneads on your cheek. The three of you laugh as Pabu settles upon your chest.

"I woke him up durning his beauty sleep." Bolin laughs as Pabu started to snore softly.

"Food is almost ready." Mako, who had left for the kitchen earlier, half shouted.