Chapter 3

You found your belongings in a sack and tossed to the side of the stairs. You bit back your tears and banged on the door.

"Dude! Come on! I have the money just give me back my place!" You screamed at the green painted wood. "You can't do thiss to me! I would never do this to you if it were the other way around!" You continued to seeth.

Blurry eyed and hurt you broke down. Your knees crumpled and you fell to the stairs. Fat tears and thick snot ran down your face. No one was around, it was the quiet part of the day, so you didn't bother to get your act together.

The door slowly opened with a squeak. "Look, (y/n), I'm sorry but you were due when you were due. There is nothing anybody can do about it." A tenor voice rippled through the air.

You immediately stopped crying. Anger took over your senses but you didn't move.

"You still owe me from last month and I have customers in line. Your room was gone just like Lee's from last week." You heard the boy sqaut.

You had wiped your tears and snot away but the overwellming emotion threatened to release the storm again.

"You were suppose to be my friend." You bit coldly. Slowly gathering water from a fountain nearby. "You were suppose to help me get on my feet when I fall." More water came from a puddle in an ally way.

He lays a hand on your shoulder, bringing back a horrible memory.

------- (Flashback)--------

You were thirteen when your mother died. She was forced to work the Red Monsoon.

She knew the trait of bloodbending. "(Y/n), dear, I know how to bloodbend. I'm going to teach you..." Her silky voice whispered to me in the dark night of an ally way that we called home.

"Why don't you just use it on them, Mom?" You asked, laying on chest, listening to her heart beat.

"Because, if I do... They will take you away. And I don't want my baby being taken away." She kisses your head and pets your (h/c) hair.

"Then why are you going to teach me?" You were confused, and tired of the way of life your living.

"Because, for protection.... And so you can use it when they tire of me..." Her voice was shakey and coarse.

You gasped and hugged your mom with all of your might. She didn't let you go.

"How do I do it?" Was the only words you spoke before sleepless nights and exhausting days followed with you training to be a bloodbender.

She was supportive and didn't discourage or put you down in any way when you struggled.

A few weeks and you were a master at the sub-bending, today you turned thirteen. You and your mother celebrated with tea and rolls from an old tea shop when the Red Mosoon Triad came in.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't the Little Old Lady and the Young Girl sitting in my presence before us." The leader Lok, quietly sneered.

You think the 'Little Old Lady' name is stupid. Your mother was six foot four and at an age of thirty and Lok was fourty seven at the height of five foot seven.

The owner was in the back, muffled screaming can be heard. You assume he was tied up and being tortured. You feel your stomach churn and your heart pumping adrenaline.

Fear.

"What do you want?!" You seethed at him. He chuckled lowly. Lok and his gang crept around your table and made a circle.

"You." Lok's only word broke the high tension silence as he put a smooth hand on your shoulder. You looked at your mother but her face was stoic. You emulated her.

"So, this is how it's gonna be, huh?" Lok drawls out the words. "Well, I guess we stop messing with them and get what we wanted in the first place, right boys?" He finally sped up his voice to normal.

-------(Reality)--------

You swerve around bringing the water you collected and forced it upon him.

You froze it and the only thing left was his head. "(Y/n)? Wh-wh-what are you do-do-doing?" The boy's blue eyes glowed with fear as he stuttered from the coolness of the ice.

"Kiko! I hope you know what your doing. 'Cuz if you don't... You will loose lots of customers." And with that you froze the rest of his head. Only keeping his senses open.

You grab your sack and ran off. You turned into an ally way and panted.

You started to break down, your only friend, Kiko, had finally betrayed you. You needed to find a place to stay or it would be like your childhood all over again.