Chapter 20

You were dressed in the orange and red outfit just like Jinora. The boards in frount of you were still. Jinora explained how to do it. "And I'm suppose to go through there while it's moving?" You gasped. She laughs and nods.

"It's not that hard." She pauses and chuckles. "Well, maybe for you." You give her a fake glare. She laughs at that. "Since you're a beginner, you can practice with them at a very slow pace." You nod in approval.

"I think I can do that." You state boldly.

You couldn't even do that! You tripped and slapped against the slowly rotating boards. You stumbled to the left and fell on your face. "Ohhhhh..." you groaned in pain. "How about we talk about that technique again." You roll over onto your back and look into the starry sky.

The wind was cool from the water surrounding the island. She joins you on the ground. "I told you not to be so cocky." You swipe at her shoulder playfully.

"Quiet you." You laugh. "Okay, I have no defense. Let's go again. I think I can manage this time." You sigh happily.

Dawn started to break and you finally could weave your way through at medium speed. "We are going to regret staying up all night, aren't we?" You both were walking back to the temple.

Jinora combs her short hair with her hands. "Oh, not entirely. You can look like you pick it up fast when my dad thinks that he is your first teacher." She laughs and you join in.

You guys enter when Tenzin exits. "Oh, Jinora, (Y/n). What are you two doing out here? Why are you wearing Air Acolyte clothing?" He shifts his attention onto the clothing that you were wearing.

"Oh, this," you looked down at your outfit. "I spilled on my clothes and needed a change." You make up a lie. His eyebrow twitches, sensing the false statement. You look away, blushing from slight embarrassment.

"Well, since your up, care to join me for an early breakfast?" He gives a smile as he stroke his beard once. You both smile and nod.

"Of course, Dad." Jinora responds cheerily. Well she covers up her sleepiness easily! You let out a yawn and stretch.

"Shall we go? I'm starving!"

——————————-
Tenzin POV

We all sat at a table and quietly ate oatmeal. "So, what were you two doing up before me?" I pauses for a second, realization spread across my wrinkled features. "(Y/N)! YOU'RE BACK! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! WE HAVE BEEN WORRIED SICK!" I exclaims loudly, disrupting the other monks.

I rush over to her side and chuckle with relief, pulling her into an embrace. She sits there for a moment, shocked. At the same moment she hugged me back.

"It's good to be back." She gives me a light chuckle. "I just went on a spontaneous vacation to the South Pole. I can't really remember why, though." She pulls away, putting a piece of hair behind her ear.

"At least your back." I smile and went back to my spot to continue to eat, everybody does too.

"Tenzin?" (Y/N) glances up at me.

"Yes, (Y/N)?" I look at her with perked eyebrows.

"Thank you. For everything." She smiles.

"Your welcome." I smile back.

———-

"Okay now, (Y/N). Carefully raise one leg up to balance on the wooden pole. Careful. Careful!" I put my hands up as (Y/N) wobbles slightly.

"How can you guys do this?" (Y/N) took deep breaths as she takes a tree pose, steadying herself.

"WITH TALENT WHICH YOU HAVE NONE OF!!!!" Milo comes screaming in, flying on the Aang Ball.

(Y/N) glares at him as he circles around her.

"Milo. Stop distracting her." Jinora calls up to her brother.

"Viva la Airbenders!" Milo flies dangerously close to my student.

"MILO! NO!" Ikki shoots off from the ground to help (Y/N) as she looses her balance.

"AAAAAHHHH!!!!" (Y/N) screams as she falls. Ikki flies past (Y/N), just so she misses her. (Y/N) drags near by water to support her fall. "Uff." She lands on the ground with a solid thunk. "I swear I'm gonna kill him." (Y/N) half screams as she extracts the water from her clothing.

"No one is killing anyone." Pema chuckles slightly as she walks up to the sight.

"I don't think you noticed, but your son just tried to kill me." (Y/N) glares.

"I will talk to him, don't worry." Pema claps her hands together. "Milo." She calls out sweetly.

"Yeah, Mom?" Milo sweeps down from the trees from where he was hiding.

"YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLE MISTER!!! YOU THINK ITS FUNNY! YOU COULD HAVE KILLED (Y/N)!!!"

"But-" Milo was about to protest.

"NO BUTS ABOUT THIS! LETS GO!" My beautiful wife grabs my son's hand and practly drags him away.

"Woah." (Y/N) raises her eyebrows. "That was pretty scary. Remind me not to get on Pema's bad side."

———

"Well, going to a less dangerous activity." I did a grand gesture to the Acient Wind Foot Work Equipment. "Hopefully." I whispered to myself.

"Oh! OH! Dad! Can I show her how to do it? Pleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaassssee?" Ikki jumped up and down. Jinora and (Y/n) share a humorful glance.

"That would be excellent." I give the boards a big gust of wind that Ikki could handle.

"Okay, the best way to this is to think like a leaf. Do not force your way through. You have to let go and become one with the wind." Ikki instructs before going in, showing a perfect example to the waterbender student.

"Your turn." Ikki hops up and down excitedly once she returns to us.

"Okay. Here I go." (Y/N) jumps up and down a little, prepping herself before going in.

She get hit a couple times as she enters, muttering in pain. She makes it out alive after reaching the end.

"I think I should go again." (Y/N) rubs her head.

"Yes, practice and patience is the key." I stroke my beard as she enters again. Her foot work is a bit different, learning fast from her past mistakes. This time, she only got a few hits, not as much as last time.

"Wow. You are a fast learner." Ikki beams.

"You're a good teacher. I just had to imagine your footwork and I'm golden." (Y/N) pats Ikki's head. "I wanna try some more." (Y/N) goes back over to the rotating boards.

She passes through them effortlessly. Not a single hit. She is a fast learner. Almost like she had pre-training. Nah, that couldn't have happened. She had only arrived last night, and she would've been asleep.

A/n:

And here is 2/2 of the double update

Hope you enjoyed,

Sorry for updating so late next Saturday will have a regular update, I promise :)

Until next time, dear readers XD