TREPIDATION

It was a Saturday morning and you could see the sun peeking through the curtains of yours and Michael's Sydney apartment. You rolled over slightly and squinted your eyes to look at the time on the alarm clock on your bed side. 10:15am. Rolling over to your other side you glanced at your sleeping boyfriend, who's hair was messier than usual and was pouting slightly in his sleep. Wriggling yourself closer into his chest you rest your head just under his before you felt a big arm pull you in and wrap around your waist. You smile to yourself. "Good morning babe" Michael says his voice raspy and his accent thicker than ever. "Good morning sleepy-head" you replied. He pulled you in closer to him and kissed your forehead before resting his chin on the top of your head. "It looks like a nice day out there" you say knowing nothing you could say would make Michael leave your apartment. "I don't want to go outside" he grumbled. He never does, it made you wonder what he hated about being outside so much. "I want to stay in with you and be lazy" he pouted his lips into a puppy-dog face knowing that it always won you over. "Fine," He leaned in to kiss you but you stopped him by putting one finger on his lips, "one condition, no video games, just me and you, deal?" "Buuuuuuttttt" Michael whined. "No buts Clifford," You warned him. "Fine, but can I kiss you now?" You giggled and kissed him holding his face in your hands.

You and Michael spent that whole Saturday in bed cuddling and watching every Disney film you owned. Despite how lovely the day had been, you were still thinking about what Michaels deal with not wanting to be outside was. You never seemed to leave your apartment when you were back in Michael's hometown and you wondered why he didn't want to get out and see old friends or catch up with his family. "Hey Michael?" You decided to confront him about it. "Why don't you like going out when you're back here?" Michael gave you a puzzled look. "What do you mean?" He seemed confused about what you had just asked him, as if you had just spoken to him in another language. "You never seem to want to go out anywhere when we're back here," you started pouring out what was on your mind, "your family and friends are here, yet we stay here in our apartment almost the whole time we're here. Don't you want to go and see your friends or your parents while you get the chance?" You felt Michael's arms tense up around you. You turned to him and he was frozen, his face showed a blank expression and he didn't say a word. "Michael?" you squeaked. "I don't want to talk about it okay?" the level of his voice raised slightly. "But Mi-" He cut you off almost instantly. "I said no."