Chapter 10: Gotham Fairgrounds

(Barbara was home and she was asleep again. Jim came home wondering if Barbara was home and he took a peek in her room and she was there sleeping. He smiled and went to kiss her forehead then he went to his room. Morning came and Barbara was at school and flyers were everywhere about the fairgrounds.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "Wow, there are flyers everywhere. I guess everyone will be attending to go. I know I will be there." (Frankie rolled into the hallway with her wheelchair and she saw Barbara.)

Frankie: "Hey, Babs!" (Barbara waved at her smiling.)

Barbara: "Hey, Frankie. How are you?"

Frankie: "I'm doing great. You?"

Barbara: "I'm feeling fine."

Frankie: "So, are you going to the festival tonight?"

Barbara: "By seeing these flyers everywhere, I think I'll go."

Frankie: "Good because I'm going too." (Barbara's eyebrows curved upwards.)

Barbara: "Are you serious?"

Frankie: "Yep, I already got my ticket in my pocket. Where's yours?" (Barbara scratches behind her neck.)

Barbara: "Uhh, I don't have one."

Frankie: "What? Well, luckily I have another ticket. Here." (Barbara puts her hands out in front of her.)

Barbara: "Oh, no. No, no. I don't want to take it."

Frankie: "Come on, I didn't just get two tickets so you could just be lonely by yourself. Please."

Barbara: "No, I can't accept this."

Frankie: "Girl, will you just take the damn ticket?" (Barbara rolled her eyes.)

Barbara: "Ugh, fine. If I get beat up because I stole someone's ticket, I'm blaming this on you."

Frankie: "No, you won't. You don't think I'm a pain."

Barbara: "Yeah, a pain in the a**." (Suddenly, a crunch sound was heard and Barbara cringed at the pain.)

Barbara: "Ow! Frankie, your stupid wheelchair ran over my shoe!"

Frankie: "Oops, sorry about that." (Barbara's eyes narrowed and she smiled.)

Barbara: "Oh, you're so gonna get it."

Frankie: "No, I won't because I'm faster than you."

Barbara: "In a wheelchair? I would like to see you run fast out of that wheelchair."

Frankie: "Ooh, insulting me because I'm crippled, huh? Just try to catch me." (Barbara was running around campus just trying to catch Frankie's wheelchair.)

Barbara: (Panting) "I'll...get you! And...I won't stop....until....I...do!"

Frankie: "What's the matter, Babs? Getting tired?" (Barbara tries to push herself to go faster and she saw Dick Grayson walking towards her.)

Barbara: "Whoa!" (She hits the brakes the heels of her sneakers and suddenly stopped Dick's chest.)

Dick: "Whoa, careful there, speedster. You can cause an accident." (Frankie stopped and looked at Barbara talking to Dick.)

Barbara: "Whoops. I'm sorry about that, Dick. Frankie and I was just playing tag."

Dick: "I can tell. You have leaves in your hair." (Barbara looked up and saw leaves everywhere in her hair. She was kind of embarrassed.)

Barbara: "Ahh, stupid trees." (She tried to get them out and Dick laughed.)

Dick: "Here, let me help you." (He took out the leaves carefully and slowly. Frankie rose her eyebrows and hid behind the tree.)