Chapter 12: Happy Birthday, Barbara!

(The next morning, Barbara woke up and started dancing because it was her birthday. She brushes her teeth and got dressed. She got to the kitchen and kissed her father's cheek. She sat down at the table while Jim brought her pancakes with bananas and honey drizzled at the top coming down to the bottom. Barbara smiled at Jim and he smiled back.)

Jim: "Happy Birthday, honey

Jim: "Happy Birthday, honey."

Barbara: "Thanks, dad." (She started to eat them.)

Jim: "By the way, Batgirl told me last night to tell you happy birthday." (Barbara looked up at Jim and tilted her head.)

Barbara: "She did?"

Jim: "Yep. She did excellent last night. I wish you could have seen her Barbara. She kind of looks a bit familiar, though." (He strokes his bushy mustache while he thinks. Barbara looks down and thought about it, too.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "Maybe Batgirl have the look like I'm guessing me? Uh-oh, he doesn't need to know about me being Batgirl. I need to stay cool." (Jim couldn't think so he stopped because it was making his head hurt.)

Jim: "Ah, I can't think. All that blackout last night really got to my head."

Barbara: "There was a blackout?"

Jim: "Yes, there was, but don't worry about that, sweetheart. It's fine, now."

Barbara: "Oh. Okay."

Jim: "Anyway, I got you two birthday gifts." (He hands her a silver box wrapped in glitter paper and a silver bow. Barbara unwraps it and opens the box. Barbara gasped at the sight that was before her.)

Barbara: "Wow, it's a necklace."

Jim: "That has your birthstone, Babs." (Barbara puts it on and looks in the mirror. She grinned and Jim holds her shoulders.)

Jim: "Look at you. Just like your mother. Her reaction was the exact same as yours except a wedding ring was given to her and everytime I see your face light up, it reminds me of your mother." (Barbara looks at her necklace sparkles in the light and a tear went down on it because Barbara tried not to cry, but they came spilling out.)

Barbara: "Oh, dad. I love it so much." (She hugged Jim tightly and Jim kissed her red head.)

Jim: "I'm glad and I think you're ready for gift number two, but it's outside."

Barbara: "Okay, I'm ready." (Jim and Barbara went outside and saw that there was a car waiting on her.)

Barbara: "Get out. No way, is it?"

Jim: "Yep, it's a BMW. Perfect size for you."

Barbara: "It's like one of those old school Barbie cars that I used to play with when I was young, but also with my toy horse Brian!"

Jim: "Yep, now it's a dream come true. What do you think?"

Barbara: "I think I should drive to school."