Chapter 21: Help Me Find A Cure

(The sun was rising and sunlight beamed through the blinds. Barbara was still passed out on the bed and slowly opened her eyes once the rays of the sun touched her skin. She groaned as her messy hair was all over her face and moved it over her right shoulder. She slowly rose herself up and looked around while rubbing her head.)

Barbara: "Ohh, my head. I better go wash my face." (She carefully moved her legs over to the side of the bed and saw that her wheelchair over in the corner next to the window. Barbara pouted and crossed her arms.)

Barbara: "Seriously? How did my chair end up over there?" (She sighed and got up to walk over to the wheelchair.)

Barbara: "This is really weird. Am I dreaming right now?" (She wiggled her toes in the carpet and Barbara's eyes were wide. She looked down and saw that her legs were fine.)

Barbara: "No way." (She jumped up and down as she was excited.)

Barbara: (Thoughts) "My legs are back! I can't believe that I can feel them again! It's like God gave me a new pair of legs, but didn't! Thank goodness! Goodbye, decoy boots! Hello, walkable Batgirl has returned! Now, about that strange figure last night. Who was that person and why did it help me regain my strength? That is very strange indeed." (Suddenly, her phone vibrated and Ace came in the room. Barbara petted him and she picked up her phone. There was a text from Dinah and there was also a missing phone call from Frankie. Barbara begins to see Dinah's text.)

Dinah: (Texted) "Hey, Babs! How are you?"

Barbara: (Texted) "OMG, D! I'm doing amazing! A wonderful miracle happened! I have my legs back!"

Dinah: (Texted) "Whoa! What?! 😮 Seriously? That's great!"

Barbara: (Texted) "I know! I was surprised as well!"

Dinah: (Texted) "Is your father home?" (Barbara took a peek outside of her door and didn't see her father in the house. She assumed that he went to work early again and texted back to Dinah.)

Barbara: (Texted) "No, he went to work early. Why do you ask?"

Dinah: (Texted) "You can come see me for breakfast at Pauli's Diner. I'll pay for the tab. Breakfast is on me. 🍳"

Barbara: (Texted) "Mmm...breakfast. 😋 I'll be there in a few minutes."

Dinah: (Texted) LOL! Okay, I'll wait by the entrance."

Barbara: (Texted) "Alright." (She puts her phone in her cross handbag and takes a shower. After she brushed her teeth and brushed her hair, she got dressed into this outfit.)

(Barbara smiled brightly and straightened her jean jacket vest

(Barbara smiled brightly and straightened her jean jacket vest.)

Barbara: (Sighs) "Okay. Time for breakfast." (She grabbed the house key, puts food in Ace's bowl and exited the door. She caught a bus and headed towards the restaurant. Dinah was smiling when she saw Barbara through the window. Barbara saw Dinah as she gets off the bus and smiled.)