Chapter 13: Happy Unbirthday, Barbara.

(Barbara ran to Frankie's apartment and knocked on the door with the puppy in her arms.)

Barbara: "Frankie, you there? Frankie, it's me, Babs." (Frankie came at the door and slowly opened it.)

Barbara: "Hey, it's great seeing you." (Frankie had an awful look on her face.)

(Barbara's face slowly turned into a frown

(Barbara's face slowly turned into a frown.)

Barbara: "Right. I'm sorry about not keeping my promise, but Dinah needed me and I just couldn't abandon her. Hell, you would do the exact same if you were in my shoes." (Frankie rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Barbara huffed in agony.)

Barbara: "Come on, Frankie. I apologized. You have to forgive me." (Frankie closed her eyes and smiled.)

Frankie: "Alright, alright. I forgive you, but if you break that promise again, I will give you a bad hair day."

Barbara: "Hey, I'm already seeing your hair all frizzy, but don't talk about my hair."

Frankie: "Geez, Babs. Harsh."

Barbara: "Sorry, but it's true." (The puppy saw Frankie and he barked.)

Barbara: "Oh, go ahead, little guy." (The puppy went to Frankie and jumped on her leg.)

Frankie: "Aww, this is a cute puppy! What type is he?"

Barbara: "He's a German Shepherd."

Frankie: "Sweet!" (She was straightening herself up with her forearm crutches to pet him.)

Barbara: "How are your legs?" (Frankie looked at her legs and tried to move them, but she's still struggling.)

Frankie: "To be honest, I'm trying, Babs. I really am, but it's just so hard to do things when your legs stop working. You can't take a walk around the park. You can't dance around the room. Can't exercise. It's just tragic." (The puppy whimpered and rubbed his head against Frankie's leg. Barbara walked by her and rubbed her shoulder.)

Barbara: "Aw, Frankie." (She looked down at the floor and tried not to cry.)

Frankie: "It's fine, I'm fine. Look, I don't want to talk about it. Let's just change the subject." (Barbara rubbed her arm and shook her head to forget about her legs.)

Barbara: "Okay, then. So, you said about the two gifts you were going to give me for my birthday."

Frankie: "Ah, that's right. You're going to love this. May you grab my wheelchair, please? I really don't want to struggle my way to the secret door."

Barbara: "Secret door?"

Frankie: "Yeah, it's for you, girl. Remember, Batgirl?"

Barbara: "Oh, okay. I see what you mean." (She brought her the wheelchair and Frankie slowly sat down carefully.)