Chapter 15: Gotham Library

(Batgirl was gliding through the city and found the library. She landed in front of the entrance and went towards the door. She opened it and it started creaking very loudly. Batgirl walked in and the door slammed shut. Batgirl looked behind her because she jumped and she took out her spy drone from the back.)

Batgirl: (Whispers) "Spy drone, activate my spy lenses." (Batgirl closed her eyes.)

Spy Drone: "Spy lenses active." (Batgirl opened her eyes and her pupils were once again light blue. She looked around the library and there were nothing, but bookcases and bookcases filled with books.)

Batgirl: (Whispers) "Spy drone, do you see any heat signatures in here?"

Spy drone: "One moment. Beginning to ascend." (The drone rose above the bookcases and checked around the rest of the library and found two heat signatures.)

Spy drone: "I have found the heat signatures located by the fiction section of the library."

Batgirl: (Whispers) "Fantastic work, spy drone."

Spy drone: "I am always here to support you, Batgirl." (Batgirl smiled gently at that.)

Batgirl: (Whispers) "And I'm glad that you're with me." (She walked towards the fiction area and saw Zatanna and Katana.)

Zatanna: "Ah, Batgirl. You did come here."

Batgirl: "Yeah. I sure did and thanks by the way for that headache. I really needed that rest." (She crossed her arms.)

Katana: "See?"

Zatanna: "Wow, listen. I am so sorry about that, but that was only way you've got out of the Dream State."

Batgirl: "Well, isn't there a better way of getting me out without giving me a whiplash?" (Zatanna tapped her chin with her wand.)

Zatanna: "Not really?"

Batgirl: "What kind of magician, are you?"

Katana: "She's a special magician. So, I'd watch my next words if I were you." (She took out her Katana sword and held it in front.)

Batgirl: "Okay, what is it about her and the sword?"

Zatanna: "This might get you spooked so, I'm going to say it anyway. Her sword is actually her husband." (Batgirl tilted her head as she was confused.)

Batgirl: "I don't follow."

Zatanna: "The sword is called the Soultaker which takes the souls of her victims like Katana's husband whose actually is embedded in the sword. She can also hear him speak to her if something is wrong. Get me, now?" (Batgirl felt shivers down her spine and she slowly shook her head.)

Batgirl: "I get it. I understand, now. Katana, forgive me. Whatever happened earlier..." (There was a whisper coming from the Soultaker and Katana listened to her husband.)

Katana: "You are forgiven." (She walked away to go in the corner to continue to listen to her husband speak. Batgirl looked at Zatanna.)

Batgirl: "So, Zatanna. Any reason why I'm really here or are we here to just talk all day?"

Zatanna: "Okay, I heard that the Pact are up to something really drastic and Batman and Robin might need your help right now, but I think that you should find more clues about the Pact before you head to your friends. I have a location to where the files are."

Batgirl: "Okay and that is?" (Zatanna snapped her fingers and a card was in her hand.)

Zatanna: "They're inside a technical industry building. More like the Mayor's office except you know, with computers. Anyway, it should give you some answers and it requires stealth. Here." (She hands Batgirl the card and Batgirl looks at it and then looked at Zatanna.)