Chapter 16: Top Secret

(The next morning in the Thomas and Martha Wayne's Memorial Hospital, Jim slowly opened his eyes and looked around the room then noticed that it was morning when he looked at his watch. Jim was surprised at the time.)

Jim: (Thoughts) "Holy smokes! I'm going to be late for the meeting, but I don't want to leave Barbara. Not right now. I just need more time with her, but I don't want to be fired. Damn it." (He looked at Barbara sleeping like an angel. He smiled at her.)

Jim: (Thoughts) "Look at my sweetie pie. She's so beautiful when she's sleeping. I just wish that she wasn't in here and at home standing before and giving me a hug. Oh, I just wish." (Jim was about to leave. Suddenly, a knock approached the door and Barbara shifted a little in the bed while groaning as she slowly woke up and saw Jim.)

Barbara: (Groans) "Dad?"

Jim: "Hey, honey. You should go back to sleep. You need it."

Barbara: "But I heard a knock on the door."

Jim: "I'll answer the door. It's probably the nurses. You can come in. It's open." (The door handle turned to the right and it was Dinah Lance who came in with something behind her back. Her blond platinum hair was seriously in curls hanging down her shoulders and she waved and smiled.)

Dinah: "Hello, mister Gordon."

Jim: "Oh, hello there and you are, precious?" (Dinah was a little distracted by Barbara's legs under the covers.)

Dinah: "Oh, I'm sorry. I'm Dinah Drake Lance. I'm Barbara's friend and I brought her something to brighten her day. I hope she likes theses flowers." (She showed Jim the flowers and shook his hand.)

Jim: "Thank you, Dinah. I'm sure she would love them very much. You have an amazing heart." (Dinah blushes a little bit.)

Dinah: "Just trying to be there for Barbara and support her anyway I can."

Jim: "Well, I appreciate that. Wait, you say that you're Dinah? I heard about you in a band. What was it? Soot of Saturday? Flames of Glory?" (Dinah chuckled a little.)

Dinah: "Ashes On Sunday."

Jim: "Right. That's right. How are you doing in that?"

Dinah: "Well...I'm doing great."

Jim: "Well, that's good. Look, I got to go."

Dinah: "I'll look over her while you leave."

Jim: "Why, thank you, Dinah and goodbye."

Dinah: "Goodbye." (Jim leaves and Dinah saw Barbara smiling at her.)

Barbara: "You brought me flowers?"

Dinah: "It seems like the appropriate time to do so." (She puts the flowers in the glass vase and puts water in them. She sets the vase on her bed stand and sat on her bed.)

Barbara: "Thank you, Dinah. I love them."

Dinah: "I'm glad. I'm sorry that you're like this." (She looked down a little sad.)

Barbara: "No need to be. I wasn't looking where I was going." (Barbara got sad and Dinah held her hands.)

Dinah: "I know it wasn't just you paying attention. I think someone else was involved." (Barbara tilted her head to the side.)

Barbara: "I don't follow."

Dinah: "Babs, I know that you went out last night." (Barbara was still confused.)

Barbara: "Dinah, I think you are confused."

Dinah: "Barbara, you are Batgirl and how do I know that it was you? I saved your life from Catwoman." (Barbara had to look back from where Batgirl and Robin were fighting Catwoman and she realized how Catwoman got defeated by the sound of a supersonic scream.)