Prologue

We all have those days where everything seems to be going amazing and fantastic.
Those days when our crush pays more attention to us than usual or mom decides to be generous and give you extra lunch money or when that favorite relative visits with bags and bags of goodies.
Well on my specific special day, was a day I was definitely never forgetting.

"Mama!" yelled my mother, who was sitting on the chair next to mine. I winced yet didn't lose the smile on my face. "Call Isaac too," I said.
"Chukwudi!"she shouted, calling my older brother Isaac, by his native name.
"Amara, I'm still your mother so you shouldn't be shouting my name like that," shouted my grandmother from upstairs.
That was the kind of house I lived in. A very crazy and weird bunch.
"Oh! I'm sorry but you and Chukwudi should come downstairs, Irene just got an email from the scholarship agency. We all have to be here to see it together, now bia, come,"my mother replied.

I heard my grandma and brother make their way down the stairs as Isaac grumbled about how the women in this house won't let him have his peace.

Once grandma and Isaac were standing next to me, I took a deep breathe and clicked open the email.

ScholarshipAbuja
to me
August 29

Dear Miss.Ijeoma

You have been selected as one of the five students from Abuja who have won't a complete three year scholarship to any of the below prestigious secondary schools.
Simply decide on which school suits your needs or desires and take a hardcopy evidence of this email to the school on the first of September to begin the admission processes.
¶Kingston Highschool
¶ Sarafina Secondary School
¶ Trinity Academy

Congratulations and have a wonderful day.

My jaw dropped and I reread the mail once more. At that moment it seemed as if the news clicked into all our heads.
"My Baby Got In!!!" screamed my mother wrapping her hands around me and shaking me vigorously.
"Nwa m, my child, you've done it,"exclaimed my grandma, joining my mother to embrace me.
I felt suffocated but I didn't care. I actually got in. This was freaking amazing.
I felt Isaac pat my back behind me,"Congrats baby yam," he said.
"Ewww!!" I said teasingly because I knew that was the closest he could be to being cute and caring.
He hissed and slapped my head but I knew he was smiling.

I honestly couldn't believe I had won. I won a freaking three year scholarship. My mom didn't have to pay for the entire time I would be in secondary school. It was crazy. I even had options and gotta choose out of the best schools in Abuja.
Just wow.
Nobody dare pinch me because this was a dream I did not want to wake up from.

So here's the prologue. Its not all amazing yet but I promise the other chapters will be.

Vote. Comment.

And remember to be a happy person.