¶Eleven

Dedicated to..... itzthessa

I have never gotten detention before in my life. Like ever. I was the kind of kid who caused trouble but never ever got caught yet for the whole of this week I had to stay behind at school with whoever teacher would be on duty and clean the ladies toilet. The ladies TOILET!

My mom had lost half her mind when she received a call from school telling her that I had been caught "violating the school's code against immoral activity".
Leave it to the school to make it seem like I was doing something worse than kissing a guy.

She had seized my phone, given me a really long talk about boys and Isaac had done nothing but tease me for days.

Ejiro on the other hand was still.... Ejiro. We hung out more, sat down together in classes and I won't even deny that I have a huge crush on him but no we did not kiss again; much to my dismay.

"So I just have to ask, being the curious person I am," announced Grace at our table.
"You're always curious about something," said Marcus grinning at her.
Grace eyed him and turned to face me.
"So are you and Ejiro dating or what?!" she asked.
"God bless you!" exclaimed Bolade.
"I've been trying to ask her this question for days now," he said.

Edwards just smirked, something I've observed he just does when he agrees with something but can't bring his high and mighty self to actually say he agrees.

"Who's Ejiro?" asked Pervert. So he still knows how to talk?

"You don't know Ejiro?!" Grace asked appalled. Pervert lifts an eyebrow in response as if to say 'what's your point?'
"He's this "super cute" guy that apparently is dating Adaeze," said Marcus shrugging.

"Um hello!!! One we aren't dating.. And Ejiro is super cute not "super cute" ahn ahn," I said.

"So you guys are dating?" asked Pervert, an eyebrow raised.

I don't bother looking at him but I shake my head as a response.
Before anyone can say anything again at our table Amira and Sarah walk up to us, their faces sporting identical smirks that I find genuinely disturbing.
"Ada someone is looking for you," Amira says.

"Shabi "someone" has now turned to somebody's name bah?" Grace says speaking up before I do.

The boys, especially Marcus grin in unison.

Sarah glares at Grace, its very clear neither her or Amira are fond of my beloved bestie.

"Grace its starting to show that you're literally the physical incarnation of every African Magic village turned city girl so turn your locality down a notch for some minutes and maybe people would actually like to associate with you," Amira says.

Grace opens her mouth to speak but Marcus beats her to it.

"Amira right?" he says, acting like he isn't sure of who she is.
"Do us a favour and deliver the message you were sent to deliver because the stench leaving your personality is affecting my lunch," he says, with the most chill yet get the hell out of my face expression I have ever seen on anyone ever.

Bolade, Edwards and Pervert all burst into laughter and I notice Amira glare at Marcus with burning rage. Sarah glares at him like that's the only thing she can do in this life. Amira acts unfazed but I can see she is clearly affected by Marcus' words.

I see Grace smile at Marcus and he smiles back and I make a mental note to talk to Marcus later.

"Senior Muyiwa wants yo see you, he's outside the cafeteria," Amira says and then catwalks away, head held high, with Sarah following close behind.