¶Six

I sat down in class wondering about why my dad had suddenly showed up again after all this time. I couldn't figure out what he could possibly want some he left without so much of a phone call.

***

"Mommy do you really have to go?" whined a six year old me as my dad helped my mom put her suitcase in the trunk.
"Yes mommy, do you?!" said, a then eight year old Isaac. "I don't want to stay alone with Adaeze, she's boring,".
My dad laughed and whispered something in my mom's ears and she laughed too.

"Excuse me oh!" said a voice interrupting my reverie.
I looked up to see a very skinny girl with a pretty face staring at me.

"Oh sorry, I didn't hear you, I was thinking about something," I said blushing.
She smiled. "Obviously. Can I sit with you?" she asked.
Wait what?!
"Sit with me?!" I repeated, sounding like a broken record.
"Ehen na or is the seat reserved for someone else?" she asked.
"Sorry no, it's just that all the girls in this class so far have been...," I pause, not knowing how to end the sentence.

"Mean?Rude?Bitchy?" offered the girl with a grin.

I laugh at how blunt she is and nod my head in agreement.
"So can I sit here or not?" she asks.
"Sure go ahead," I said.

She took a sit and smiled at me. She definitely smiled alot.
"I'm Grace Asake,"she said.
"So abeg gist me, did I miss anything serious yesterday? Because I just came back from a trip so I couldn't resume yesterday,".

Before I could reply her, a girl whose voice I remembered from yesterday suddenly interrupted us.
"So Grace you're already famzing the new student right?"
Grace rolled her eyes before turning to face the girl.
"And if I am Amira how does it concern you?" she asked, looking like the girl was the biggest possible waste of time on earth.

The Amira girl hissed,"As if I care about you,no one in this class does. Isn't that why your last friends ditched you? If you like famz this one wellas o, she will ditch you too when she finds out the kind of person you are," she said with an air of haughtiness.
"Honestly," whispered some girls in agreement. Everyone had their eyes on the two girls.
The boys were watching in amusement but unfortunately neither Bolade nor Edward was around.
"At least I'm famzing a fellow classmate unlike you that tries to do the same with Ss3 boys that will still insult your life behind your back. Abeg Amira, disturb me when I have time to decipher your stupidity. Ode!" said Grace.

The boys started clapping like the idiots they were and the Amira girl looked like she had tried to swallow a whole watermelon.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't in love with this Grace girl already.

I turned to face her, barely hiding the grin on my face.
"

I'm Irene," I said.

"Shit! You said what?" exclaimed Marcus looking at Grace, as Bolade retold the story of Grace and Amira when Marcus came to skip his own class at our class. Bolade himself had started laughing the moment I gisted him and Edward about it.
Grace just smiled and shook her head.
"I wish I was there honestly that Amira chick vexes me," said Edward.
Marcus slapped his head, "That's because she had a crush on Bolade and not you when we were in Junior School," he said, laughing.
Grace, Bolade and I laughed at the blushing Edward.
"Are you serious? Of all people, Amira?!" exclaimed Grace.
Marcus smirked as Edward blushed harder.
"Abeg Irene, follow me to the toilet since our teacher has decided not to come to class," Grace said, standing up.
"Can I come?" said Marcus smirking at Grace.
She just gave him the finger and pulled me towards the door as he laughed.
Once we were outside I suddenly noticed how quiet the hall was compared to our class.
"Dude you know we can get in trouble for hanging around here during class bah?" I asked, my eyes travelling around the hall in search for the slightest movement.
Grace rolled her eyes. "Our principal spends his time being a pervert and our prefects are as useless as their badges so trust me when I say we are safe. We could even start a concert in the hall sef," she said.
I laughed and slapped the back of her head. "You're like a female version of Marcus but without the pervy side," I said.
She looked at me and smirked like a creepy person, "Who says I'm not gonna try to rape you in the bathroom," she said, trailing a finger down my arm.
"Ewwww!!!" I exclaimed.
She burst out laughing. "That what you get for comparing me to Marcus," she said grinning.
"Weirdo," I said, rolling my eyes.

"While you two are already in the hall you can find your way to the staffroom for loitering during class period," said a male voice behind us and both of us instantly froze.
I saw Grace mutter the f-word as we both turned to face our punishment.
My mouth dropped as I saw Mr. Cute Face looking not-so-cute with a frown on his face.
His hair looks shorter than the last time...but he still looks so hot.
For God's sakes Irene you're about to get punished and you're admiring Mr. Cute Face... What was his real name sef?
"Did you not hear the question I asked you or have you turned deaf?!" he asked, glaring at me.
Grace looked at me like there was something wrong with me.
No I did not hear his question and why is he so mean now.
"I'm sorry I didn't hear you," I said, sounding angry. What was his deal?
His eyes narrowed at me and I resisted the urge to get lost in their light brown colour.
"I said why are you both in the hall without a teacher's pass?" he said, sounding angry.
Why were we in the hall sef... I can't even remember.
"I'm on my period," Grace said suddenly.
Excuse me what?!!
"And you expect me to believe that after the way you two were talking just now," he said.
Grace rolled her eyes at him.... This girl is mad.
"So you're saying girls on their period can't talk bah, now please excuse us Muyiwa but I'm going to the bathroom and Irene is coming with me, if you want to come and check you're welcome, I've always known you weren't right in the head anyway," she said leaving Muyiwa with a blush on his cheek.
If only that I think he's an asshole for being so mean I'd call him cute right now.
Grace took the turn towards the girls bathroom and I froze looking at Mr. Cute... Muyiwa.... "Um.. I have to go now," I said like the awkward fish I am.
He just smirked at me and walked away.
Fool...

Okay so I finally updated after forever.
I've had some serious phone issues since this year began. But here's an update. Hope you like it.

Vote. Comment. And have a good time.