¶Four

Orientation day came and went and it was finally Monday morning. School had resumed. Was I scared? Nope, orientation helped destroy all fears I had. Was I nervous because I looked like a two week old potato in my uniform? Nope, my booty was definitely popping in the school skirt. Was I late for my very first day? You guessed it, I was. Thanks to mom and her extravagance.

"Baby I'm so sorry, I didn't know it would take so long and the zip to what I planned to wear spoiled. Biko ndo oh, please sorry," she said to me while speeding down he road.
"Why are you only apologizing to her, I'm going to be later than her and I'm running for prefect ship this term I shouldn't be late,"whined Isaac from the backseat.
Honestly he was a bigger baby than me.
"Chukwudi biko mechie onu gi, close that your mouth. Don't you understand that today is your sister's first day in high school. Your junior sister is now a senior oo," she said and cackled like it was funny. But just to spite Isaac I laughed along too.
"You're a fool Adaeze," he said.
"I'm only following my older brother's footstep," I replied sweetly.
My mother laughed. "That's my girl," she said.
I turned back from the passenger seat and smiled at him innocently. "Maybe if you start acting like the opposite of an immature two year old, I would actually start following your example," I said.
Isaac glared at me angrily and I knew he was thinking of a comeback but he couldn't think of one so he opted for something else instead. "Mommy!!!! Can you believe the way Adaeze is insulting me and I'm her senior o," he said.
You see, immature two year old.
"Irene, mind the way you talk to your brother incase you have forgotten he is older than you by two years," she said.
Wait what?!!! Wasn't she the one hyping me just now?!
Isaac smirked at me and I wanted to slap his face.
"Just because he always plays with you doesn't mean you should be insulting him anyhow, he can beat you up if he wanted to," she says.
I turn to look at her. Is my mother even for real?! What the hell?!
I was about to open my mouth and say something but the car immediately jerked to a stop.
"Oya go go go, have a nice day baby," she said. "Mwah," she exclaimed blowing me a kiss as I unbuckled my belt and came down.
"Please don't come back home," Isaac shouted just I shut the door.

Idiot.

The halls of Trinity Academy were very wide and long and I had spent orientation with some new students learning every single corner, unfortunately though none of the new students were SS1s, they were all SS2s or junior school students so I couldn't really socialize with them.
One thing I didn't realize though, was that once they were actually students in the hall and not just the ten or eleven of us that were at the orientation, it was literally almost impossible for me to remember how to navigate. The hall was a blend of blood red blazers and white dress shirts.
I clung to my school bag that was hanging on one strap on my shoulder and tried to navigate my way to SS1A. The class for purely science students.

By the time I got to class the seats were almost occupied, most of the students sat in groups some with their friends and others sitting alone, heads buried in books. Was I scared? Okay yes, maybe a little. I had no friends okay don't judge me.
I made my way to one of the seats in the center and tried to not blush or fall or look scared or fart. Anything can happen okay?

"Look at this girl she's definitely new,".

"Omo guy she get ass o,".

"She looks like she's going to be prostitute, see how short her skirt is,".

"Guy, Bolade will definitely try to tap this one when he sees her,".

"This class is for people who are smart, she looks dumb,".

Those were the whispers I heard exchanged between my new classmates as I went to my seat. I can hear you all you know?!!....And okay I know I have bum bum but seriously what about my charming personality, why not check that out?!....My skirt is literally just an inch pass my knee..in what world is that considered short?!!! I can even see this girl's pant sef...God who sent me to come to this school?! And hold on ooo.... who is this Bolade person? Is he fine?....I wonder if he has pink lips. And how the hell does someone look dumb? The girls in this class sef....

"Good morning students," said a voice interrupting my soliloquy, honestly I needed to be careful with the way I trailed off before someone caught me arguing with myself one day.
Everyone in class stood up to greet whoever had just entered. I stood up too, confused.
Once everyone sat down I saw it was a mean looking lady with way too much makeup wearing a tight red shirt and an even tighter skirt. Jesus Christ what is the tight skirt for, she's freaking flat!

'Ms. Patricia has come with her ugly shape again this term, when will she learn that its only manageable to wear tight clothes when you actually have something ' whispered someone behind me. Wow, someone agrees with me!

'I swear, she looks like an ostrich's freaking neck. Plus with her village witch inspired makeup I'm not surprised she's still not married,' someone else whispered back. Okay that one was just mean haba, is this teacher that bad?

"Do we have any new students this term, if we do please stand," said the teacher. I felt awkward but I stood up anyway. "Please introduce yourself," said the woman, looking bored. I opened my mouth to speak.
"I'm Ejiro Kelvin Richards," said someone behind me. I whipped my head back like a lunatic and saw a fair boy with a crew cut and lanky figure leaning against the well at the back. He had this sexy laid back look that blended perfectly with the way his voice sounded. And his uniform made him look like a model. This kind of boy wearing an army uniform would have girls lined up for his hand in marriage.
He must not have come for orientation because I would most definitely remember a face like that.
"LOOKU LOOKU!" exclaimed the class. I blinked and realized that I was staring at Soldier Boy and the whole class was staring at me.

Oh my sweet Jesus.

"When you're done admiring our new student you can then introduce yourself," said the teacher from the front and I didn't need to turn to know she was talking to me.

Oh my sweet dear Jesus... TAKE. ME. NOW.

Lol. So our baby yam is in school and she's already drawing attention and it's not just because of her booty.

Vote and Comment on what you think this chapter.

And remember to tell your friends to read this book too. Mwah.