Chapter 8

Kelli POV

I grunted in pain as a black combat boot connected with my jaw, sending me flying.

"How many times have I told to keep your face covered, or at least dodge kell. Thats something that should come naturally." my trainer yelled to me. I slowly stood from my face plant position on the floor. "I would have dodged if you weren't so fast!" i screamed back. "There is always going to be someone faster,stronger,or just overall better than you kelli. Thats why we train." he said. I nodded my head and got into stance. "Maybe you could be a little more lenient on her percy. Shes used to using her speed and claws to overwhelm her opponents." hestia, our mother figure told him. He looked thought full for a moment before shrugging. He got into stance and after a quick stare down I lounged at him. He simply sidestepped and tripped me. I fell,yet again, face first on to the floor. I jumped right back up and threw a punch at his face. He leaned to the side and used the momentum to side kick me in the stomach. Luckily I was able to keep my balance and only stummbled. I quickly steadied myself just in time to block a punch to my chest. I pushed his fist back and sent a kick to the side of his head which he blocked perfectly and pushed my foot away making me stumble again. He used my temporary dizziness to uppercut me. Which,for what seemed like the hundredth time today,lifted me off my feet and flying across the training room.

"Percy! I said go easy on her!" hestia yelled in her motherly tone. "He is going easy in me, hestia." I said rubbing my chin to get the soreness to go away. "Alright thats enough training for today. I need to go into the city for a couple things." hestia nodded and told him to be careful while I just groaned and closed my eyes. I then felt a pair of strong arms pick me up. Cracking one eyelid open I saw percy's perfect face with the usual sunglasses covering his eyes. I knew why he wore sunglasses. He wanted to cover his eye color. He took me to my room,laid me on the bed and kissed my forhead.

"It'll heal in a couple of minutes. You do have incredible healing." ," Of course i do i'm a monster." i said back. He shook his head, "No you're not. Your appearance might look monstrous, but your not a monster. Ok?" I smiled at him and nodded. He smiled as well and got up to leave. I watched him go and sighed. I fell asleep not long afterwards.

Percy POV

I wandered around the city looking for a store to buy food. I know hestia is the one that cooks, but when shes not there either kelli or myself has to cook and we don't have a magical refrigerator or the ability to summon food so someone has to go out and buy the food. As I passed a starbucks I decided to go in grab a coffee and maybe get kelli and hestia one. I walked in and the heavy smell of coffee hit my nose. I also caught a small hint of magic and revenge. I looked around the shop and saw a woman that looked oddly a lot like sally. The only thing different was that this woman wore a red leather jacket and black skinny jeans. She looked like a biker. Biker sally sat across from a woman who had pale skin black hair and poison green eyes. I pin-pointed that the smells of revenge and magic were coming from those two. After ordering I walked over to them. They must've sensed me coming, because their heads snapped towards me at the same time.

"Hello lady nemesis, lady hecate." They looked shocked that I recognized them. "You recognize us, but do not bow. Why?" asked hecate. "I bow to no one. Not even the olympians. If I were to meet a primordial, I still would not bow." I told them. "You got guts kid. I can tell you respect us. Its just your tired of being pushed around." nrmesis said. I nodded. "You know, I could help you ger revenge on whoever you want. For a price of course." she said grinning. I grined right back, "Have you ever heard of Zarathos?" I asked. Nemesis nodded,
"Yeah. The ultimate spirit of vengeance. Hes my hero. Why?" I bent down so I was eye level with her. Then I tipped my glasses showing my flaming eye sockets.

"Ares?" hecate asked getting ready to bow before nemesis stopped her. "No. Thats not ares. Thats the rider. Thats Zarathos." she said in awe while hecate looked confused. Nemesis and I explained eveything to hecate who listened carefully.

"So basically, Zarathos was an angel of justice sent to earth to protect the mortal,but was tricked and drug down to hell by demons where he was tortured into insanity. So instead of protecting the innocent he pinishes the guilty by burning their soul." they nodded. "Also hes stronger than any greek or roman god?" they nodded again. "Ok then." she said while taking a sip of her coffee. "So. How did you get hold of zarathos's powers?" nemesis asked. I shrugged. "He said no one was worthy enough to take the mantel,because everybody's a sinner. The only reason he chose me was because of how my life was going at the time,don't ask, and I was four so I couldn't comit any crimes as I was too young." they nodded in understanding. "Wait. How have you stayed off of the olympians radar for so long? You're one powetful demigod." they asked. "Well, I traveled a lot at first. Never stayed in one place for more than a week. Then I found a forest near the peak of a mountian snd decided to live there." I replied. After talking some more we decided to go back to the mansion. I bought some groceries from a local store they led me to and I teleported back with the two goddesses. We appeared in front of the house were nemean was resting. They looked at the mighty lion in shock as it layed in front of the garage curled into a ball. I led them into the house and into the kitchen where we found hestia sitting at the table reading a cook book. She looked up and gasped at the sight of two goddesses that have a habit of hurting people in the cabin. They bowed. "Lady hestia." They said respectfully. "There is no reason to bow. I am no olympian." "Thats why we bow. You're not arrogant like the others. We actually like you." hecate ssid. Hestia smiled brightly at them and nodded. At that moment kelli chose to walk down stairs in one of percy's shirts and a pair of booty-shorts. Unfortunately her butt was to big to be covered by the shorts or the shirt so her cheeks were showing a bit.

"Hestia is there anything in the fridge i'm hun....gry?" the last part came out more as a question. She looked over the people in the room. "Lady hecate!" she yelled bowing, but everyone caught the heavy blush on her face once she noticed percy was back. "Um, sorry about the shirt. I didn't have anything to wear and...","Its fine kell. I have more than one shirt." she just nodded. Then I got a thought. "Lady hecate. Do you think you can alter kelli so that instead of using the mist to keep her human appearance its more of a transformation?" I asked. She thought for a second and nodded. Kelli walked up to her and hecate mumbled a incantation and kelli'd body simmered. The mist fell away as it was mo longer needed. I looked at her with a smirk. "Now you'll finally be balanced enough to not go flying everytime we train." she looked at me with a 'i hate you' look and walked into the kitchen. I couldn't help but stare at her as she walked until someone cleared their throat. I looked at nemesis and hecate. "Well we have to go, but first. I would like to bless you with the power to control the mist." hecate said. I looked at her. "It would be an honor lady hecate." she smiled and placed a hand on my chest. It glowed slightly before stopping, but didn't remove her hand. "Hecate hes eleven. No." nemesis ssid firmly. After a couple more seconds hecate took her hand away and they both flashed away with a goodbye. I looked to hestia and kelli behind me.

"Who's cooking?" they both gave me a knowing smirk. I smiled slightly. "Me it is then." and I got to work.