Chapter 17

Third POV

The trio made their way through the forest. Walking silently as the girls were still angry at each other and Percy just didn't want to talk to them. He found it unnecessary. Percy jumped through the trees while the girls walked on the ground through the mud.

"Look, I..........I appreciate you coming back for us. It was really brave." Annabeth said to Pandora. "We're a team, right."  She said back. They were silent for a while. "It's just that if had died.........aside from that absolutely sucking for you, it would mean that the quest was over. This could be my only chance to see the real world." Annabeth said. "Wait, you've never been outside the camp before." Pandora asked. Percy above the two heard them shook his head. 'Wow. I don't know if it's because of who her father is, she's concerned for Annabeth or some other unknown reason she just completely dismissed the fact that Annabeth basically just said she didn't care if Pandora lives or not.' He thought. "No. Only short field trips. It didn't exactly work out when I was living with my dad. Camp Half-Blood is my home. At camp you train and train. That's cool and everything, but the real world has all the monsters. That's where you find out if you're good enough." Annabeth replied with a hint of doubt in her voice. Percy nodded his head in respect at that. "Well, you're pretty good with that knife." Pandora complemented. Although it was dark Percy could see Annabeth smile. "You think so?"  She asked. "Anyone who can piggyback-ride a Fury is okay by me." The green eyed girl replied. "Thanks." The daughter of Athena said. They smiled at each other and continued in silence. After a while they saw a light coming from a what seems to be neon sign. They also smelled fast food. Burgers, fries, the works. Pandora realized she hasn't had any unhealthy food while going to Camp Half-Blood. They strictly lived off of grapes, bread, cheese, and extra-lean-cut nymph-prepared barbecue. It also didn't help that Vengeance was forced to eat with them but was able to eat whatever he wanted. Anyone who tried told him other wise got burned. That's why some of Chiron's tail hairs are singed off.  When they arrived at the smells and lights location they saw not a fast food restaurant, but a roadside curio shops that sell stuff for your lawn or garden. Pandora was kinda upset that it wasn't a fast food joint. "What the heck does that say." Pandora asked. "I don't know." Annabeth answered. "It says 'Aunty Em's Garden Gnome Emporium'." Vengeance told them. They looked up at him surprised. "You can read? How?!" Annabeth asked. "Lots and lots of mental training and struggle." He responded. "Is it sad that I forgot he was even here." Pandora asked Annabeth quietly. "No. It's not. I'm surprised Annabeth remembered I was here." He replied for the daughter of Athena. Pandora looked up at him. 'How did he hear me?' She thought. "Anyway I'm hungry. So.....let's go." She said walking across the street. Soon after Annabeth followed. Percy shook his head and followed the two getting his pistol ready.

As walked through the front they passed we passed multiple statues that looked way too realistic. The girls looked around in awe and nervousness. Percy however, calmly walked past every statue. They reached the door and Pandora was going to knock when the door suddenly creaked open. Standing in the doorway was a middle eastern woman. She wore a long black gown that covered everything but her hands and her was completely veiled. Her eyes glinted behind a black gauze.

"Children, it's it is too late to be out all alone. Where are your parents." She asked. She even had a middle eastern accent. "They're....uh..." Annabeth started. "We're orphans." Pandora said. "Orphans? But, my dears surely not!" She said. "We got separated from caravan. Our circus caravan. The ringmaster told us to meet him at the gas station if we got lost. I don't know if he forgot or meant a different gas station. Anyway, we're lost. Is that food I smell?" The green eyed girl explained/asked. "Oh my dears. You must come in, poor children. I am Aunty Em. Go straight through to the back back of the warehouse, please. There is a dining area." The two girls thanked her while Percy nodded to her and they walked inside. The warehouse was full of status. All wearing different facial expressions and in different poses. Once they reached the dining area they saw a fast-food counter, a soda fountain, a pretzel heater, and nacho cheese dispenser.

"Please, sit down." Aunty Em said. "Awesome." Pandora said hurriedly sitting down. Annabeth sits down soon after. Percy shook his head and sat on the other side of them. "Thank you for helping us." Annabeth said. Aunty Em stiffened for a moment then relaxed just as quickly. "It's no problem. Consider it my treat  for such nice  orphans." She replied then disappeared behind the snack counter and started cooking. Before they knew it she came back out with plastic treys filled with fries, cheeseburgers and vanilla shakes. Pandora and Annabeth started drooling. She sat the treys down in front of the kids. Pandora said thanks and dug in, Annabeth also said thank you and dug in, although not as messily as Pandora. Percy just nodded to the woman and slowly started eating his fries. Pandora was half way through her burger before she remembered to breath while Annabeth slurped her shake(hehehe😏). Percy had just finished his fries and was slowly taking a bite out of his burger. Aunty Em didn't eat anything. Neither did she remove her head dress. Not even to cook. She leaned forward, interlacing her fingers and watching them eat.

"So you sell gnomes." Pandora said trying to sound interested. "Oh, yes. And animals. And people. Anything for the garden. Custom orders. Statutory is very popular, you know." Aunty Em said. "A lot of business on the road?" Pandora asked. "Not so much, no. Since the highway was built....most cars, they do not go this way now. I must cherish every customer I get." She said. Pandora looked back at the statue of a little girl with a terrified face. After Aunty Em noticed she said, "Ah, you see some of my creations do not turn out well. They are marred. They do not sell. The face is the hardest to get right. Always the face." She said sadly. "You make these yourself?" The green eyed girl asked. "Oh,yes. Once upon a time I had two sisters to help me. Unfortunately they have passed on. Now I'm alone. That's why I make statues. To keep me company." Aunty Em said. Annabeth sat forward. "Two sisters?" 
It's a terrible story. Not one for children. You see, a very bad woman was jealous of me long ago. I had a boyfriend and this woman was determined to break us apart....." She was going to say more when Percy interrupted her. "Excuse me, Aunty Em. Can I talk to you for a moment." He said standing and walking out the back, not waiting for an answer. Aunty Em looked to the girls. "He's always like this. There's nothing you can really do about it." She looked annoyed but stood and walked out the back door. Once she got out there she saw Percy standing with a fiery shotgun pointing at her head. "I'm not going to beat around the bush. I know you're Medusa. I'm gonna make you an offer. It's your choice to accept or not. Ok?" She nodded. "You have to choices. The first is to be killed here and now. The second is to accept my offer and come with me. I know it doesn't sound good, but I'm not going to kill you. I can possibly reunite you with your sisters. Living like this is not an option. Not in my eyes anyway. I want to help you. Also you might just get revenge on Athena. The reason I say might is because it's not guaranteed." He said calmly. Medusa looked thoughtful for a second. She was used to 'dying' but it was getting old. She also really did want some company. "I accept." She said. Percy nodded and his shotgun disappeared in a flash of flames. The two walked back in to the girls. Percy finished his food and the trio got ready to leave. Aunty Em gave them some supplies. The girls walked away and Percy teleported Medusa to his mansion. He then followed the girls.

I finally updated yayy. This chapter was supposed to be out a couple days ago but I'm a lazy prick so I took a couple brakes. Forgive me. Also shoutout to Live4libraries she or he got the song reference in chapter four or five. I don't remember. Anyway check out their account, give them a follow. Thanks peoples