Chapter 27

Percy POV

Once I stepped foot into the 'recording studio' the overwhelming sense of death hit me. I honestly didn't know that the smell of a dead body could carry over to your spirit. I looked around at the faceless souls that lingered in the world of the living. It gave me conflicting feelings. On one hand I could feel most of these people were evil and deserved their deaths, bout on the other. So many were innocent. Innocent souls that were snatched from their bodies at the wrong time.

"What will you do about it?" I heard the Rider ask. I just stayed quiet. Knowing that if I said take vengeance he'd want it done now, but if I said nothing my body will be taken over and I'd be forced to take vengeance. No matter what my answer was I would be killing people. So I just ignored him and kept making my way to Charon. "Ugh, what's that burnt smell?" Pandora asked holding her nose. "Burnt souls." I answered. "How do you know?" Annabeth asked. "I'm the one who burnt them." After that there was silence. We walked up to the front desk and was met with a tall and elegant looking guy with chocolate colored skin and bleached blonde hair that's shaved military style.

"We need to see Hades." I said simply. The girls looked at me as of I was mentally insane, which isn't to far from the truth. "Umm, do you have an appointment?" He asked. "No." He blinked. "Well in that case no." I sighed. Already annoyed. "It's for a quest." Pandora told the ferryman. "You don't have an appointment and you're not dead. That means no entrance. Now. Leave." Charon said as his face twisted into a skull. I could feel the fear from Annabeth and Pandora, but it just pissed me off more than I already was. I wanted to go home, get Kelli and Nemean and go hunting. With that in mind I grabbed the prick by his tie and pulled him closer to me.

"Let me ask you a question, do you smell the slightly burnt souls in here?" He nodded. I then removed my glasses and let him look into my flaming pits that replaced my eyes. "That would be my doing. Now, we can go about this two different ways. One:you take me and the two girls behind me to Hades, or two: I can burn the essence that keeps you out of the void and go down there myself. Choose wisely." I threatened. He gulp and chuckled nervously. "Ahem, If you let me go we could be on our way." He said. I let him go and he hurried past the souls and into an elevator.

TimeSkip cause I don't wanna explain the boat ride.

After ignoring Annabeth's constant questions on the boat ride we're now walking through the line that would take us to Hades castle. That is until we came to the three headed dog Cerberus. The giant transparent Rottweiler stood over the souls as they passed under him without fear.

"That's a Rottweiler." Pandora stated. "Thank you Captain Obvious." I said rolling my eyes. "So any ideas?" She asked. "I have one." Annabeth said reaching into her book bag. 'What a surprise.' I thought sarcastically. She pulled out a red rubber ball and let me tell you, I've never wanted to face palm so much in my miserable life. I'm not saying it won't work, because this universe is completely mental, it's still a stupid idea. Saying that, it'll probably work.

"You see the ball!" She shouted. "You want the ball, Cerberus? Sir!" The huge dog cocked it's heads sideways in confusion. A stunned look on its faces that nearly matched Pandora's. "Sit!" She called again. And sit He did. Crushing all of the souls that were passing under him. "Good boy!" She yelled and threw the ball up to him. He caught it between the teeth of his middle head and started chewing. The other two heads started snapping at the middle trying to get the ball. Annabeth looked like she was going to say something, but the two side heads was able to grab the ball and when the pulled. Well, hehe.

RIP.

Each head looked at each other in shock, before they threw their pieces of the ball away and glared at us again. Annabeth has backed back to Pandora and I with a panicked expression. Pandora was scared out of her mind as the growling got louder and started to shake the ground slightly. I sighed and placed my hands on their shoulders.

"Don't puke." And just as Cerberus pounced we disappeared in a flash of flames. We reappeared outside of Hades castle doors. The girls hunched over and started dry heaving again. "Again, warning!" Annabeth yelled. "For one, I did warn you. I said 'don't puke' and two can you shut up? Do you want Hades to know where here?" I asked. She huffed and looked away to hide her embarrassed blush. "Why didn't you just teleport us inside?" Dora asked. I just shrugged. Suddenly I felt something sharp poke me in the back of my head. Out of instinct I whipped around while lighting my hand on fire and palm struck the person in the chest. Luckily it was just a skeleton which burst into flaming ashes. I looked around and saw another with a sword.

"You gonna try something too?" His teeth ground together. He brandished he blade and charged only to get shot with a hellfire shotgun. "Idiot." I mumbled. "Wow, do you want hades to know we're here?" Annabeth asked mockingly with a smug smirk which disappeared when she was staring down the barrel of boom stick. "I can make sure you stay down here." I whispered threateningly. She gulped and tried to act like she wasn't scared, but failed horribly. "Hey, Hey no need to kill anyone. We're on the same side, remember." Pandora said trying to push my hand down. After a while I let her and dismissed my gun.

"Thank you. Now let's go in and see if he had the bolt. If he doesn't we leave." She said. "What if he doesn't let us leave?" Annabeth asked. They looked to me. "I'll think about it." With that I pushed the giant black doors open and we walked inside.

Sorry if this seems half assed, I'm extremely tired. Anyway next chapter will wrap up the lightning thief. Until then, see ya!!