Chapter 18

Pandora POV

That night we were miserable. Well me and Annabeth were. Vengeance seemed right st home. He sat comfortably in a tall tree that on a branch that looked perfect for his weight. He sat looking up at the moon through his sunglasses. I still didn't understand why he wore those things. The only time they left his face was when he set his eyes on fire. I don't even know if he took them off when sleeps. I stopped worrying about him and looked at Annabeth. Well I couldn't actually see her, but I knew she was sleeping by the sound of her soft snoring. We didn't want to light a fire in case it attracted monsters. Vengeance said he could do it since his type of fire can keep them away, but Annabeth being the prideful one she is didn't want to take any chances so he just gave up on the idea and climbed his tree. We had decided to sleep in shifts. I volunteered for the first shift, but Vengeance told us he'd stay up and keep watch. I tried to argue, but one look made me week. My mouth instantly clamped shut and I nodded. Annabeth didn't care and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the jacket. We couldn't save many things from our bags, but did get some stuff. Unfortunately for me I couldn't sleep. I had to much on my mind. I was worried about my mom and how she's in the underworld with my spiteful uncle. Well one of them. I was wondering about Annabeth and how she can be so proud of everything she does. Then the last thing on my mind was him. The boy with auburn and black hair. The boy who constantly wore sunglasses. Vengeance himself. I don't know what it is, but he just gives me the chills. He gives off this aura or vibe of anger and sadness. It makes me want to hug him, but I know if I did he'd probably give me a third degree burn. Or worse. The thing is he seems to be perfectly fine, just closed off. It's not like he hates us or anything, it's more of a 'I don't trust you' or 'you have flaws that you know you have but refuse to work on them'. That last one is more pointed at Annabeth and Clarisse. And the gods. And about how mysterious he is. I don't mind it, but it is kinda creepy how he knows if something is wrong and stuff like that. Its almost like he could read your mind or sense your feelings. I looked back up at Vengeance. Still sitting in on that branch. Staring up and the moon. He was staring so hard I could've swore he was talking to it. I then sighed. There's nothing I can really do about any of those things. Guess I'll just have to wait and see how things work out. Then I payed down and fell asleep.

Percy POV

I sat up on high branch staring up at the quarter moon. I couldn't tell if I hated the moon or loved it. On one hand, it represents Selene. The woman who made sure I never lost hope. The one who always told me it would be ok. The Who made sure I didn't just end my life. But on the other hand. It represents Artemis. The woman who gave me away. The 'mother' who never bothered to check on me while I was being tortured. That woman disgusting me. She claims that all men put women down and consider them beneath us yet she does the same to men. I don't know if its that she doesn't care or she doesn't know, but there are good men out there. There are men who consider women their equal or even above them. I could feel my anger getting to me. My face was heating up and my eyes had caught fire.  I tried calming down, but for some reason it didn't work. I tried to deactivate my power again, but yet again it didn't work. I wondered what was going on until I heard it.

"Yess. Let your anger out. She must die. The guilty must diiiiieeeeee. Hahahahahahahaha." I hadn't heard that voice in years. The evil, sadistic, bone chilling voice that I use when I turn. The voice of the ghost rider. Better known as Zarathos. 'What? Why is he talking? He hasn't said anything in years. He's always let me take care of things. Why now?' I thought. I had to calm down now or I'd have to leave and go hunting. I thought about stuff that would help. Hestia's cooking, watching movies with my friends, Kelli, Nyx. As soon as Kelli and Nyx's faces appeared in my head my anger left. Kelli's beautiful caramel skin, dark chocolate eyes and brown curly hair. Nyx's pitch black hair, pale skin, and bright eyes. Their beautiful features always calms me down. The fire stopped melting my face and and my eyes returned to normal. If that was a good or bad thing? That's debatable. I sighed and layed my head back. This was going to be difficult. I knew it would be. I wonder just how I'm going to get through this crap. I then stared up at the moon for the rest of night.

TimeSkip
Annabeth POV

The rays from the sun wakes me. I'm stretching and yawning on the cold damp ground.(figure out the song and you'll get a shoutout and and a follow). I looked around at our little campsite. It was damp from the rain. Though I could've swore that it was littered with fast food wrappers and flattened soda cans. Seeing all that trash on the ground made me think of Grover and how sad he would be if he saw it. Though now I'm wondering what happened to it all. As I was scanning the area my eyes caught site of Pandora. She was still sleeping. She looked so peaceful. It was honestly a nice contrast to the annoying, sassy, sarcastic and cocky face she always wore. I then looked up to the mystery man himself. Vengeance. That guy is shrouded in mystery's and secrets and it got on my nerves to no end. I hate how he refuses to tell us anything. If he's going to be working with us we have a right to know his godly parent, where he got his 'special powers' from and everything else we ask him. I know it may sound like I'm going overboard, and I probably am, but I just feel like I should know everything there is about those around me. It's probably just my mother's side of the family talking. I sighed while still gazing up at him. 'I will find out everything there is to know about you. Even if I have to risk my life for it.'

Percy POV

The sun had rose. I stayed up all night wondering why zarathos would say something after all this time. I looked at my watch. Seeing it was 9:45 I decided to wake up the other two. I was going to jump down from my branch, but decided against it and used a power I got from Nyx instead. I imagined appearing in front of the girls on the ground. After I had painted a vivid image of that in my head I dropped down into my shadow and appeared between the girls. Annabeth, being awake let out a surprised gasp. I looked over to her and told her to get ready to leave. I then walked over to Pandora.

"Pandora. Wake up. It's time to go." I said. She shifted a bit then her green eyes fluttered open. She stretched and stood. Grabbing her jacket and slipping on. I reached into my bag and pulled out a couple of granola bars. I handed each of them two and we started walking.

Third POV

As the trio walked they each had something on their mind. Pandora her mom, Annabeth finding out Percy's secrets and Percy why the rider, after years of being dormant has decided to try and fight for control. The three could only imagine what was coming for them. Will they be prepared? We'll find out in the next chapter.

Alright. This one came out earlier than expected. But that may be a good thing. Anyway I have a question for you all. I need your help. Someone asked me if I will put Pandora with Percy like Kelli and Nyx. I asked another person and they said no. I don't know what to do so I'm casting a vote. What should I do? If you vote please don't say this one. Tell me 'A' , 'B' or 'C'

A:Have Pandora end up dating Percy with Nyx

Or

B:Have Pandora date no one

Or

C:Go with my original plan and make Pandora and Annabeth lesbians and put them in a relationship.

This vote will be up until I get to the Last Olympian. So you have plenty of Tim to vote. Please help me out. I'm conflicted. Thank you all for reading. If you enjoy vote for the story so I know you do(you'll also get a like out of it) and I'll see you in the next chapter. See ya peoples.