Chapter 10

Percy POV

As soon as I had finished teleporting I had to duck under an arrow flying straight towards my face.

"Opps,Sorry percy! I was never really good with a bow." Kelli shouted out to me. She was standing a few feet away from me, maybe 45 to 50ft. She was holding one of the practice bows from the training room. Nemesis was standing next to her.

"Um kells. Next time wait until I get back. I'll teach you. Ok?" I said/asked. "I was teaching her perfectly fine." Nemesis said. "Actually she's been 'teaching' me for two hours straight and I still hit the same spot." Kelli said in a sarcastic and annoyed tone. "Why you... "Nemesis." I said in a warning tone. She looked at me and saw the expression on my face. She decided it would be better not to finish her thought. "Anyway. I'm here because some people wanted to meet you. They don't like the fact that you hold so much power." She told me. "Well, who ever it is can suck it. I'm not going to meet with someone just so we can discuss my power and where we stand in the power scale. I don't care about power. It wasn't my choice. I didn't go looking for zarathos, he came to me. So if they have a problem then they can continue to have a problem with it. How did they even find out about me? But more importantly, who are they?" I slightly ranted. Nemesis looked shocked at me.

"For your last question. They are my mother nyx, my uncle tartarus and my brother thanatos, although thanatos is more upset that you can trap a soul in their body but he can't. Or it might be that you trap a soul in their body and when he goes to reap their soul he can't do it's a waist of his time. Or both. I don't really know." She replied. "For your first question, they know about you because tartarus sensed something from the original help escape and wants to know what it is. My mother wants to know what it is and why it choose you. Although she doesn't know about you directly." She reported the rest.

"Wow. You report well. Maybe you should become my lieutenant." I joked. She looked to me with a smirk. "I would if I wasn't a goddess. I respect you and even fear your power when your angry but I refuse to work for you. I need to keep some of my self respect and dignity." She replied and I laughed with her and Kelli who had been following me and nemesis joining in. By then we had entered the house and was walking around down some stairs into a basement.

"Where are we going" Kelli asked. "To the library." I replied like it was obvious. Which it should have been. "What library? I checked out this entire house when we first moved in and I saw no library." She was really confused. Did I forget to tell her I added some stuff to the house while she was gone on her learning control trip? Oops. "I kinda added some stuff on to the house while you were away. I thought I told you." I said. She shot me an irritated look. "Wait is that were the training area came from?!" She yelled. I looked at her. "You just now notice that? Really? After all this time?" I asked. She blushed in embarrassment. "Shut up." She muttered. I chuckled as I pushed open the oak wood doors that led to a huge underground library that was the size of three football fields. I like reading.

"Wow. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a son of Athena." Nemesis said looking around at all of the books. "At this point in life I don't if I should be offended or thankful." I said. We had reached the middle of the library where I kept and worked on my armor. "What's that?" Nemesis asked picking up one of the pieces of armor. "It's my armor. I don't usually wear it because it's heavy, but it could be really useful on the battlefield. I'm trying to make it lighter so I could move just as fast as I usually do. Also i'm trying to figure out how to fuse the repulor beam and the before together. I can shoot hellfire out of the hand armor but it comes out in little bursts. I want it to come out in a stream like the beams do." I said. They must've gotten confused because Kelli just nodded and said she was going to go upstairs and watch a movie while me and nemesis talked. Nemesis just looked at me with confusion in her eyes.

"I'm going to ignore the stuff you were talking about. Anyway my mother, uncle and brother want to meet you and the first two will NOT take no for an answer." She said putting emphasis on not. I sighed. Will I ever get a break. "Fine. Tell them to meet in the Starbucks that I met you and hecate in. I'll be there in about an hour. Ok?" I said messing with the mini missiles in the wrist of the armor. "They're not going to like being told what to do, but ok i'm just the messenger so I should get in trouble." She said and flashed away. I shook my head. 'Why must all of the power hungry, stuck up beings want to see me?' I asked myself.

Nemesis POV

I flashed into the mansion of night or my mother's palace. I flashed into the room they were sitting in luckily.

"Good, you're back. Shall we be going then?" My mother said standing with my uncle and brother following. "In an hour. I managed to convince him to meet you all, but he said he has things to do so we can go in a hour." I said. My uncle scowled. "He knows that we are primordials right?" He asked. "Yes. He does know." , "Then why would he have us waiting. I know things from the original help are strong, but not that strong. The only one that was stronger than three primordials is zarathos, and he is locked away by god and the devil themselves." He said confused and angry. "Yes sister. Why would he even suggest keeping us waiting? It's not like zarathos possessed him. Right?" Thanatos asked. "I'm not allowed to say. You'll just have to wait and see for yourself." I said.

One hour later. Nyx POV

My kids, brother and myself flashed into an alley in a small city. I was disgusted that in order to hide the truth from the ignorant mortals I had to go through such lengths. We stepped out of the alley and walked into a nearly empty Starbucks. The only people there was a couple that sat at a two seated table and a boy around eleven years old sitting at a booth. At first I thought my daughter had made a mistake but then I sensed the hellish aura coming from the boy. The problem was that it seemed as though he was trying to contain the aura. Nemesis walked over to him and sat down. The rest of us glanced at each other and followed her example.

"Lady Nyx, Lord Thanatos, Lord Tartarus. It is an honor to meet you all." He said. I was surprised at how respectful he was. I was also surprised that he did not grovel at our feet. I was going to say something, but tartarus beat me to it.

"You do not bow before your superiors mortal. I should drag you into my pit and have you tortured." He said flaring his aura slightly. The boy glared from behind his glasses and slowly reached up to them. He removed them but only instead of regular eyeballs they were hollow except for two balls of fire that sat floating in the abyss of his black eyes. I looked into them, but that clearly was a mistake. I started to fell hot. Really hot. It came from with in my chest and I could hear voices in my head. Telling me of all the wrong I have done and the innocents I hurt. I could tell tartarus was getting it worse because it was directed at him. I could feel my life force fading away. Almost as if it were being burned. I could faintly hear nemesis say something but I could make it out as the voices got louder and the images got bigger. Then suddenly, it all stopped. I let out a pained breath that I didn't know I was holding. It hurt to breath.

"I apologise for you getting hurt as well lady nyx. I just don't like arrogant people. I bow to no one. I have bowed more time than I would like go count to people who hurt and abuse me. I don't plan on bowing ever again." He said in a cold and angry yet cool and collected tone. His voice was alluring to me. I would give anything to hear him talk like that all day. "Of course. I should not have looked into your eyes." I said after I caught my breath.

"How? How did zarathos escape. I have tried to free him many times, but could not. So did you do it?" My brother asked with awe and fear in his voice. " He escaped on his own. Why he choose me? I don't know. I didn't ask for this power. He came and offered it. I accepted, because I felt as though I needed to. I will not tell you why. That is my personal secrete. Anywho you wanted to know who I was. My name is vengeance. I might tell you my real name in the future, but as for now that is my real name. Anything else?" He asked. I felt oddly upset that he didn't want to be around me. But I understand. If I had three major primordials asking me questions and I had been closed off most of my life I would be kinda ticked as well. Especially if they acted as though I was a bug on their brand new expensive shoes. Tartarus shook his no and I followed his example along with my son. He nodded and stood. "Alright then. If you want to reach me, do the same as this time. Through nemesis. If I have time I will meet. If not than don't get upset. Anyway I must be going now. Goodbye." And with that he disappeared in a flash of fire. I flashed back to my mansion with tartarus going to his. Or where ever he lived. Thanatos left to reap more souls and nemesis is doing chaos knows what. I sat on my bed and thought about how much vengeance reminded me of erebus.