Chapter 13

Percy POV

The week passed fairly well. I hadn't burned any souls or turned anyone to say yet, so that's good. Me and Pandora had been getting closer. Turns out her birthday wasn't to far from mine. I wanted to ask her if she was related to Sally so I could see where she disappeared to. The reason I lost her is because after I had gained zarathos's power, I had passed out. They must've thought I was dead so they packed up and was gone by morning. I had decided to not ask her, because her mother had been kidnapped by Hades as a ploy to get the bolt he thinks she has. I decided to ask her mother herself when we got her back. Anyway capture the flag was tonight as today is Friday. I was currently watching luke absolutely destroy Pandora, who I named dora which she hated, in a sword fight. Poseidon had given her a sword when she was eleven. Of course she only knew about it and used it a couple nights ago. I nearly laughed as she got disarmed for the 16th time. She stood up and they agreed to take a break. I decided to give her some pointers and walked to the water stand or whatever it is. I watched as she dumped water on herself, not like that pervs, but was rejuvenated. She looked surprised at the energy she felt. Being a child of the sea god could do that. Anyway I reached them and finally spoke.

"Can give you some advice, dora?" I asked. She glared but nodded. "Don't let your mind wonder. I know you have ADHD but if you let your mind wonder you'll lose. I was able to 'get rid of my ADHD in a way by thinking of stuff that I didn't want to think about. If I think about stuff I don't want to my mind will change it to something I do. Then I change it to something I don't and it goes like that until my mind runs out of thoughts and it goes blank. Then I act based on instincts." I told her. She thought for a minute before nodding and they had one more spar with Pandora almost beating luke. After that we headed to lunch. The day was boring really. I pretty much did nothing but mentally train myself in my darkness powers. I was nearly done with that. Maybe another day before I could physically  train with them and not get too tired. We sat at dinner right now. The pavilion was buzzing with excitement about capture the flag. I didn't want to participate because of my habit to get excited and release more power than necessary when fighting in the woods. Annabeth was upset that I refused to play, but got over it. After dinner Chiron stood and stomped his hoof on the tile.

"Heros. It is the night of capture the flag. You all know the rules. No maiming or killing. Magic items are allowed and the creek is the boundary line. The red team currently holds the laurels(help?)." The ares cabin erupted into cheers. "Now arm yourselves." He said and suddenly armor and weapons covered two empty tables. Everyone was instantly at the two tables strapping on their armor and grabbing weapons. Well everyone except Pandora. She stood to the side idly and watched everyone twisting a ring on her middle finger that turned into her sword. Luke saw and walked over to her, handing he a set of armor. She smiled and thanked him. I had a feeling something would go wrong so I watched Pandora through the game. I hid myself in the trees. The game went well. Except for the growl that I heard. Also  Clarisse and her siblings tried to take dora down but she somehow managed to beat them all. A couple minutes after that luke came running across the lake. That caused them to win the game. Their celebration was cut short when the same growl was heard only louder this time. A hellhound came out of the bushes and almost pounced on pan if a black arrow hadn't pierced it's skull in midair. Everyone looked to me and saw that I had my bow out and another arrow notched. I stretched out my senses looking for any more threats but found none. I then looked for the guilty one and found it was luke. I could that he was needed in the future though so I restrained from killing him. Then Poseidon claimed his daughter and the camp bowed. I simply walked away. The next day a quest was issued and Pandora was leading it. She invited me and annabeth to go. Well more like annabeth forced her way onto the quest. Anyway we were leaving tomorrow morning and I laid in my bed that night. Wondering how I got myself into this.