Chapter 23

Third POV

Artemis and Aphrodite sat on the couch in the moon goddess's palace just staring at each other. Artemis has an afraid and panicked expression and Aphrodite has a shocked expression.

"What do you mean by 'he's missing'?" The love goddess asked. Artemis started to get fidgety. "I mean I can't find him. I checked the orphanage, the house he was adopted into which is empty. I checked around and the neighbors all said they haven't seen Percy or the foster parents." She explained. Aphrodite sighed. "Ok, tell me the last you saw him and we'll go from there." She said. "What exactly do you mean by 'the last time you saw him'?" The moon goddess said slowly shifting away from the soon to be angry love goddess.

"You know, the last time you checked on him." Aphrodite clarified. "Umm, I don't think that really matters. The main problem is he's missing and we need to find him." Artemis tried to change the subject or at least stall as she scooted further. "This will help find him. Depending on what he was doing last time you saw him we could maybe figure out what he's doing now. Maybe they just decided to move one day, but didn't tell the neighbors and left at night. Trust me it sounds weird, stupid and ridiculous, but it's much more common than you think." She said looking through her purse for something.

"Well umm, uh I- I uh." Artemis stuttered. She was honestly scared of an angry Aphrodite. Not because Aphrodite is stronger than her and could beat her in a fight, but because of the fact that said goddess of beauty could curse her to constantly be horny or something and cause Artemis to lose her virginity. And everyone knows that the one thing Artemis cares about besides her hunt is her virginity. She's one with her maiden hood. It defines her. It connects her to her hunters. It's who she is. So if she loses it her life's over.

"Well!?" Aphrodite urged. "You wanna fund your son right?" She asked. Artemis nodded. "Well, then tell me when was the last time you saw him. Why are you stalling?" She asked. "Ok look Aphrodite, I need you to swear on the River Styx not to curse me with losing my virginity in anyway. Just do that." She said. "Why? Artemis what did yo do?" She asked as she looked up from her purse. "Just do it." Artemis said. "No, I won't. You did something stupid and I know it. What. Did. You. Do?"

Artemis sighed. She should have just ran when she had the chance. She definitely wasn't going to let her go. So the goddess of the hunt took a deep breath to still her nerves and looked the goddess of love in the face.

"I know your going to be majorly angry, but the last time I saw Percy was when I dropped him off at the orphanage." She said confidently then instantly flinched away. When she didn't feel any pain and wasn't incredibly horny she peeked through her arms to see Aphrodite with a deadpan expression. "Artemis is he really even missing? Cause I feel like this is a trick now." She asked. "Yes, He is actually missing. I can't find him." Artemis couldn't believe it. Aphrodite actually thought this was a prank. "Ok, if this isn't a prank then just tell me about the last time you saw him!" She yelled. "I'm serious! I haven't seen him since then." She yelled.

"Wait, Wait a second, hold on, pause." Aphrodite said setting her purse down and standing up. "Your telling me, that you begged me. Literally begged me to help you have a child without breaking your oath and you don't check on him in like twelve years?" Aphrodite asked deathly calm. It was true. Artemis literally begged Aphrodite to help her.

Flashback

Aphrodite sat in her palace doing her makeup so she looked perfect for her date tonight. Suddenly there was a knock on the front door. Not wanting to get up she waved her hand and the door unlocked.

"It's open!" She called. She was expecting Ares to walk in in an effort to impress her by being early, but to her surprise the man hating goddess of the hunt walked in. "Artemis? What are doing here?" Aphrodite asked. "I uhh, I need your help." Artemis said and the love goddess froze. There was nothing but silence. "Aphrodite?" Artemis asked. "I'm sorry I don't think I heard you correctly, say that again." Aphrodite said after putting her makeup down and turning to Artemis. Said goddess sighed expecting this.