Stormy Nights

Twilight Princess!Link x reader

---------------------------------------------------------

It was a dark and stormy night in Hyrule. Rain pattered against the windows of the small house and roof. You were sitting on the sofa, trying to distract yourself from the quite loud thunder. Link, who you had started dating recently, hasn't come back from doing a few tasks. You played with your (H/L), (H/C) hair, and sighed.

Occasionally, the rain would come down harder for a few moments along with some harsh winds, while thunder would sometimes make you jump.
You stood up from the sofa and looked outside, waiting and hoping. Link was nowhere to be seen and you decided to go out n look.

You grabbed your coat Link gave you and put on your boots. Stepping outside probably wasn't a good idea, but you were worried. So, you untied your horse, and started looking in the rain.
"Link!? Liiiiinnk?!" You called out, though it wouldn't do much good.
"He has to be finished with those things... It shouldn't have taken this long..!" You muttered to yourself, jumping at the thunder as the rain poured down onto you.

You rode into Hyrule field for a while, finding nothing, not even any monsters. Your hair was soaked, along with your clothing, and you tried fixing it but... You gave up right after.
"I guess i'll just have to wait.." You said quietly, hoping to Hylia that Link wasn't hurt. Suddenly, your horse had kicked you off and ran back towards the nice home you and Link shared. Must've been from that loud clap of thunder there...

You landed with a thud and rubbed your head.
"Agh! Darn horse! ...Stupid rain!" Groaning, you slowly stand up, your (H/C) hair and back muddy.
"This is just great.." You mumbled and sat by a tree, rubbing your sore back.
"Where are you, Link...?" You sigh and lean your head back against the bark, closing your eyes slowly as the rain fell down your face.

~~~~~

Hooves. Talking? Still rain and thunder, it's all very faint. Then, you open your eyes to see Link. He doesn't look very happy and he sighed but, smiled when he saw you open your eyes.
"Glad you're awake, (Y/N). Come on." He looked into your (E/C) orbs and you smiled softly back.
"Let's get home, hm?" Link jumped on Epona and held his hand out to you. You take it and carefully jump on with him, wrapping your arms around his waist.

You and Link went inside, sighing.
"Why did you come look for me?" He asked, moving some of your (H/C) hair out of your face. You shrugged and glanced at the floor as he spoke; "I said I'd be back soon.."
You looked up though and rubbed your arm with embarrassment. "But you weren't..!" You heard a loud bang of thunder and jumped, hugging Link tightly and hiding your face into his chest.

You were both still wet, but could care less. Link chuckled softly and hugged you back, being careful of your sore back.
"I'm sorry... Just don't do that again, please. I don't want you getting hurt because of me.." He mumbled quietly, resting his head on yours. You sighed and nodded, just wanting to stay there like that forever. Link ran his fingers through your soft, (H/C) hair, humming quietly.
"Let's go to bed.. You must be tired, (Y/N).."

After you two had changed, you went into the bed you shared and cuddled.
"I love you, (Y/N).." Link said quietly, smirking. You blushed a faint pink and smiled, still being jumpy from the thunder. "I love you too.."

|| How was that? Yeah, ik it's short.. I'm still getting used to writing and stuff again.. They'll probably get better and longer eventually lol bear with me guys. :') ||