Lovely Maiden

Prince!Link x Maid!Reader

(I'm using the twilight princess version because yes-)

You are a female in this, just cause it's easier :')

---------------------------------------------------------

You sighed softly as you cleaned the countertop in the kitchen, hearing other maids wander the castle halls. You moved your (H/L), (H/C) hair out of your face, squeezing the dirty water out of the wash cloth into the sink. You started putting away some of the recently washed dishes, glancing out the large window. You've been here for two years now, when Prince Link was looking for people to help at the castle. Your mother suggested that you should go and you did, not regretting a single moment. It was sometimes hard, and if you did something wrong, depending on how bad, you'd get punished. You never really got punished for things, which was good. You quite liked the castle with all the long corridors you could run in, whilst trying not to get caught, for it was 'un-lady like'. Some days, it would get rather boring in the castle, and Prince Link would sometimes ask one or two of the maids to entertain him. Why doesn't he have a joker or something, you may ask? The Prince couldn't find anyone to fit the job perfectly, but he thought it was alright. Anyway, you just finished putting away the dishes, when a maid walked in with a smile. It was your good friend, Zexalia, who you've met through the two years. You'd usually just call her Z, or Zex for short. Her hair was a light brown that went down past her waist, and sparkling blue eyes. Zex was about the same height as you and she gave a small wave. "Hi, Zex! Is something wrong?" You looked at her with your (E/C) eyes and tilted your head, holding the moist wash cloth that was to be put away. "Hiya, (Y/N)! No, nothing's wrong! Prince Link just wanted to see you~" Your friend knew about your little crush on the Prince, and you told her not to tell anyone, which she hasn't yet. You didn't know whether to be delighted or scared. Most of the time, when he wanted to see someone, specifically a maid, it was a punishment. By the sound of Zexalia's voice, it didn't seem to be bad though. "O-okay, um..where does he want to meet me?" You asked, dusting off your white apron and setting the cloth back down on the gray countertop. "Just in the Throne Room! Have fun~!" Zex giggled and left as you smiled and rolled your eyes.

~~~

You walked down the corridor that lead to Prince Link's Throne Room, your shoes making small 'claps' as you stepped on the cool, stone floor. 'Relax, (Y/N)...It should be fine. Maybe he just wants to talk about what needs cleaning..?' You sigh and see the large brown doors, walking slowly up to them and fixing your outfit. You gave a few loud knocks and waited for his voice, which you absolutely loved. "Come in!" The Prince's voice echoed and you pushed the door open nervously, your palms a little sweaty, and walked in. You looked around at the large windows and high ceilings, seeing beautiful golden chandeliers hanging from them. You wiped your hands on your maids outfit and walked forwards, bowing in front of Prince Link. "Y-you wanted to see me, Your Highness..?" His hands were sitting on the arm rests of the golden throne in a calm manner, his blue eyes staring into your (E/C) orbs and his dirty blonde hair looked so soft. "Yes. Rise, now." You did as you were told and stood up straight, biting the inside of your cheek nervously while holding your hands in front of you. "I simply wanted to get to know you more. You've been awfully quiet and very good at cleaning around here. I'm grateful for that." He shifted his legs so one was on top of the other and his head tilted ever so slightly, making his hair move with his head. "Is it bad that I don't talk a lot, Your Majesty?" You moved your feet a bit and glanced at the floor, wondering if that was a bad thing to say. "Oh, no, (Y/N). That's alright, maiden.." The dirty blonde had to think for a moment and he rested his chin on his hand, humming softly. "Why don't you and I have a dinner? We can chat more then, hm?" You looked at him and blushed at the thought, smiling a little. "Yes, that sounds wonderful, Your Highness..! You must be busy right now, anyway.." The two guards at the door watched and made a few whispers to each other while Prince Link looked at you and smiled. "How about..tonight? At, let's say..six o'clock?" You fixed your (H/C) hair and nodded, blushing a little more and hoping to Hylia he couldn't see. "Yes, that works, Your Majesty." The Prince stood up and chuckled quietly, sighing. "Please, just call me Link."