Will Papa Be Okay?

BoTW!Link x Reader

You'll also be a female in this, it's just easier and you'll see why-

(S/N) = Son's name

(D/N) = Daughter's name

---------------------------------------------------------

War.

It's not like all those legends.

It's hard, people die.

They aren't fun.

Sometimes...

The hero doesn't win.

All you can do is move on and keep fighting.

That's just how things are.

That's how it is for Link. You love him with all you have. You even have two amazing childeren, (S/N) and (D/N). Your children would always love hearing stories about Link, and what he did. You didn't want to make up any of it, but sometimes you had to. 'They just can't handle it.' You'd tell yourself, and lie about a few of the parts. Now, another story is happening and you don't like how it ends. You wish it could be some kind of lie, or just a joke.

But it isn't.

And it never will be.

Link is dying.

And they say he's not getting better.

"Mama?" (D/N) looks at you as you were lost in thought, looking out the window. With a soft sigh, you look down to your little girl and smile sadly, your son running over. You just came back inside with them from the garden with fresh vegetables, and planned on making a soup for dinner. "Yes, darling?" (S/N) reached out with his hands and grunted, wanting you to pick him up. Reaching down, you picked up your boy and looked in between them. "Can we go see papa?" She asked, her hands gripping the ends of her light blue dress which was getting grass stained. (D/N) had your (H/C) hair and Link's blue eyes, while (S/N) had Link's blonde hair and your (E/C) eyes. The evening sun shined through the window and you bit your lip, (S/N) looking at you and nodding. "Papa?" You took a moment and tears had threatened to fall, letting out a shaky sigh before nodding. "...Yes, we can go see Papa.." So, you took your family out to the castle where Link was staying, laying in his bed. Once you reached it, the guards let you in without question, you holding your children's hands as you walked by. The kids liked the castle and would ask why they couldn't live there instead of the farm. You always just replied with a smile and a shake of your head, saying, "It can be too cramped and busy with all the people about." Soon, you got to Link's door and knocked softly, a maid opening it with a small smile. "Master Link would love to see you three.." She let you all come in and shut the door with a soft 'click', (S/N) and (D/N) running over to Link. "Hi, papa!" Your daughter smiled at Link, who opened his eyes and smiled a bit back, (S/N) wanting to climb up with him. "Hey, baby girl...Look at you two.." Your husband had gotten badly injured when fighting, he had run out of any items and nothing seemed to be working. The maid said there was an infection that had started to spread and they kept him on a pain killer, though Link knew it wouldn't help. You slowly walked over and felt your eyes watering at the sight of them, biting your lip. The blonde continued to smile when he saw you and ran a hand through (D/N)'s hair, now looking at his son. "You're doing such...such a fine job raising our children..." You couldn't take it any longer and the tears feel down your face, your hands coming up to cover it as you cried. "But-..i'm doing it all without you..!" Your children looked at you with confused faces and went to hug your legs, glancing back at their father. "Mama? Are you okay?" (S/N) asked, (D/N) nodding and looking up at you and you shook your head.

After calming down and giving Link a few kisses, you sat in a chair with your children in your lap and watched as he fell asleep. "...Mama?" Your daughter said, ready to ask another question and (S/N) sleeping on one of your sides. "Yes, baby?" You ran your fingers through her hair and she yawned, leaning against you. "Is Papa gonna be okay?"

"..."

"I don't think so, sweety..."

||Have a lazy and depressing one-shot because I needed to get something out- sooooo i'm putting this on pause rn cause i've got no ideas atm- Please, if you do have suggestions, i'd love to hear them!! Thank you!||