21

Jennie
I closed my eyes, cringing quietly when he asked that question.

"We are doing gr-"

"Mr Yang, what do you mean by that?" Lisa interrupted, her eyebrows jumping up. I nudged her with my elbow and she ignored it.

He furrowed his brows, "I heard that you two aren't interacting as much as the first time I addressed this."

I was relieved that he didn't mean that we are dating but I started to get flustered. "Oh Mr Yang, don't worry, haha..."

Lisa shot me a look but I ignored her too.

"I'm going to go straight to the point. I want more interactions between you two. In whatever ways you have, just make sure it's convincing that you two are very close," he stated strictly.

"But Mr Yang-"

"Yes Mr Yang," I cut Lisa off, giving her a soft kick on the leg to make her shut up. He smiles.

"Mr Yang, I don't think I would force myself to do that," Lisa said. I looked over at her, then back to Mr Yang.

Oh no Lisa you didn't just-

"Why's that, Lisa?" he asked, crossing his arms.

Lisa took a deep breath. "You can't force feelings. I don't want to make myself feel uncomfortable just to convince people, Mr Yang."

"Are you the CEO now or am I the CEO?" he questioned Lisa.

"I'm sorry Mr Yang, Lisa is a li-"

"No Jennie shut up. I'm sorry to say Mr Yang, I just can't do so. I'm sorry," Lisa said. "You told us to state our opinions freely whenever you have a plan or something and I just did. I hope you understand."

I wanna just let the floor swallow me up. This is gonna end badly isn't it?

"Well then Lisa, there must be a particular reason to why you don't wish to do this. I want to know why."

I looked at Lisa and she looked back at me.

"As I said just now, I don't want to make myself uncomfortable. Also, I don't want to affect people around me."

"Affect people around you? Do you mean your band members and fans? I'm sure your fans will love you both. If it's your band members, I can just speak to them," he says, his eyes moving from Lisa to me.

"Mr Yang, I just- I don't know... I just dislike the feeling of being forced... and what's more, Jennie and I are close but we aren't touchy and stuff so people don't know. I'm sure you know, right?" Lisa rambled.

"It's no use if I know. It's the fans and others," he stated.

If you gave me a chance to slap him, I'd gladly take it. And I'll use a pancake fryer to do so.

"Jennie, how do you feel about this?" he asked.

"Me? I er... I think I'm okay? I guess. Just awkward? AnywayIthinkweshouldleave," I rambled. Jeez.

He narrowed his eyes. "Why are the both of you acting so weird lately?"

I literally choked on air.

Lisa gave me an apologetic look before she opened her mouth to talk.

I trust that she wouldn't sp-

"Look, Mr Yang. It just makes me uncomfortable because I'm in love with someone else. I don't want her getting the wrong idea because I want her to feel secure in this love we share," Lisa said, coming clean. I gasped inaudibly.

Lisa did not just spill the beans...

Mr Yang grew silent for a while and Lisa spoke again. He was mad, and I could tell by the look in his eyes.

"I'm dating someone in this band and that person is none other than Chaeyoung. You know how she is, she's soft, sensitive and insecure. I don't want to hurt her. I know you set a dating ban but love just can't be helped," Lisa said, her voice cracking slightly.

I think I should admit it too.

"I-I- Jisoo and I are a t-thing too," I stammered, looking down. He was silent for a while now and the silence is killing me. It was so awkward I couldn't help to cringe every second. I could feel his eyes on the both of us.

Mr Yang clears his throat. "You two can leave now."

We're dead meat, thanks Lisa.

We both got out of the room and walked to the elevator again.

Lisa looked over at me. "Hey hey, anyone home?"

"What do you want, Lisa?" I asked, glaring at her. "You got us into trouble, thank you so much Lisa."

She scoffed, "Yeah, it's always my fault. Why don't you blame everything on me? Donald Trump is president of America, my fault. Your umbrella spoiled, my fault. Kuma doesn't eat, my fault. Everything is my fucking fault!"

"What is your fucking problem? He's the fucking CEO of this company and you speak like that. If you don't want this job anymore, at least we want it. You can leave for all I fucking care!"

She glared at me, her big brown eyes turning hard. She swallowed thickly. Shit did I go too far?

"I did this for us. I hate that we have to hide it. You can continue faking it but ask yourself whether you enjoy this. If you are so happy with it then ask Jisoo. You are so selfish, Jennie. You only care about how people think about you, but you don't spare a thought for how we feel," she snapped finally.

"Look Lisa, I'm so-"

"If you don't want Jisoo to be happy, at least think for me. I want to make Chaeyoung happy. I want to be responsible. I want everyone to know who we really are."

I was really taken aback by how Lisa spoke.

"And if you want me to leave so badly, I will. I am not important anyway," she interrupted. Lisa walks out from the elevator before I even got a chance to speak.

I am selfish. I know, but if that's how to keep someone by my side forever...

I'll be the most selfish person you'll meet.