7 Minutes

Hey everyone, it's Jake here. When Emily and I first walked into the closet and our seven minutes had started, I stared into her eyes and almost got lost in my own thoughts. She snapped me awake again when she started asking the personal questions.

"Where are you from?" She asked, pulling a strand of hair back behind her ear.

"Redondo Beach," I said calmly, "You?"
"Utah,"

"That's pretty far from here,"

"I would walk all of those miles to be in this closet with you."
"You barely know me," I said, blushing.

"Everyone knows you, Jake. Out of all of my years of cheerleading, you're by far the best football player. You always know the right thing to say too." She inclined.

"You're a good catch as well, to be honest,"
"Do you want to kiss me?" She asked.

"It was supposed to be my turn to ask the question." My face turned red. "Why did you move?"

"Family reasons, my turn." She said quickly trying to deflect the question.

"What would happen if we kissed?" She stepped forward. "Would your parents get mad?
"No," I said taking a small step.

"Would anyone get jealous?"
"No," We were inches apart now.

I took a deep breath and smelled flowers. She must have been wearing perfume. That was the most amazing smell I had ever scented before.

Part of me wanted to stay in this closet forever with her, but that would be impossible. I learned in and she did the same, then I kissed her. It was as if Fourth of July came early. I only thought of fireworks, I'm sure she was thinking the same as well since she didn't hold back. She lightly pushed me against the closest wall and I hit a hanger. We both laughed and continued vividly. Her hand ruffled my hair and I held her neck. It was as if Heaven had come to Earth.

I almost didn't notice the closet door open. Some light had seeped in through the doorway and I opened my eyes. Emily was still kissing me, but I pulled away from her as my friends patted me on the back.
"Best round ever!" Kendra said.

"I definitely ship Jemily," Tyler said.

"Who's next?" Emily asked with a smile.
"No potential couple could beat that!" Tyler said, patting me on the back once more.

"Do you guys need a bedroom?" Kendra asked as the rest of group began to laugh.

"No, I think we're fine just where we are," Emily said as she leaned in and our lips collided.

The crowd clapped as we continued. After the kiss, I wrapped my arms around Emily's neck as we headed downstairs to the dancefloor. The music was sick, and Emily was the best hip hop dancer I had ever laid my eyes on. When my favorite song came on, we got a small spot in the center of the dance floor where we break danced. The crowd went wild as Emily and I took the floor.

We ended off the night with a short drive home by me to Emily's house. She thanked me for the ride, kissed me goodbye as I pulled out of her driveway. As I drove the long drive back to my house, I realized that was the best night ever, and I don't think anything could've topped that.