Realization

Packing was hard to do. It wasn't that I didn't have enough room to pack all of my things in the moving boxes Mom gave me, it's that I didn't want to. I paced around, and it seemed as if every inch of the room held a memory. I looked at my bed, although I wasn't really looking at it. I was remembering the late nights spent with friends, sitting on the soft mattress. It was almost like it was happening in front of my very own eyes like I traveled back in time.

"Are you joining cheerleading for Freshmen year?" I heard Dimitri as she played with her hair, bopping it, twirling it, pulling it.

"If I can make it," I replied, kicking the bed frame and taming my strands of hair, making it look neat enough to go outside.

"Of course you'll make it! You can do a front flip!"
"On a trampoline," I argued, placing the brush down on my pillow and inspecting myself with the pocket mirror in my other hand.

"OMG, you have a trampoline?!!"

I smiled as everything replayed in my head, making my vision fuzzy with tears forming quickly to soon fall to my cheeks. I wiped them away with my palm as I looked at the doorway.

"Bella, I have a surprise!" My mother said with a small smile. Her eyes were full of happiness, and my six-year-old self could tell it was a good surprise.
"Ooh! What is it, mommy?!" I shrieked, my high-pitched voice making it to all corners of my room.

"We're going to Disney Land!"
I began jumping up and down while my mom just chuckled and smiled from ear to ear. She leaned her back against the doorway, arms crossed as she watched me run around and celebrate.

I then turned to the closet and could feel the excitement of going out with Jake for the first time as Kendra ruined my clothes, throwing them everywhere and finally holding up one perfect outfit.

"Why do you even own this?" She yelled, pulling out a sparkling pink dress with tiaras embroidered on the front.

I laughed as she stuck her tongue out and tried throwing it into the trashcan by the doorway. She wasn't the greatest at any sport, so when she joined cheerleading and realized she wasn't bad at it, it really became a passion for her. She claimed she practiced one cheer each night on her own by her mirror, but at that throw, I knew she didn't practice basketball. It landed on the doorknob, the force causing it to open a little to show my mom eavesdropping on our conversation in the hallway. 

"Mom I thought you were at work!" I yelled at her, as she put her hands behind her back and looked up at the ceiling innocently.

"This is my job. Being a good parent," she argued, stepping into the doorway and waving at Kendra, then taking one horrified look at the dress. "You need to do some Spring cleaning soon sweety." 

At that she turned on her heel,  leaving the doorway empty and Kendra laughing like this was a reality tv-show. I was pissed at her at the time, but now I just smiled at the memory. But I didn't want to just smile at memories. As I paced around my room, hallucinating that Kendra was sorting through my things, I realized I wanted to create more memories. 

I knew what I had to do. Make more moments, before it was too late. I would go to Jake's house and make the most out of what we have now, without my mom saying I could. I jammed open the window and slid down the rooftop. I made a scratching sound on the shingles as I made my way to the edge. I collected my balance by putting my foot down onto the rain gutter, which gave way to my weight. I tumbled down along with it and landed on the grass, still covered from morning dew. Although all body parts hurt, I sat up and brushed a shingle off my leg. I then got up and ran down the block, half limping half running as fast as I could before they could catch me.