Behind Closed Doors

Hello everyone, It's Emily. I've been hurt before, but this time I have been hurt physically and emotionally at the same time, what a despair. You may be wondering how I got hurt emotionally, well, my mother did the worst of the damage, and my father ruined me, destroyed us.

When I finally awoke my mother ran to my side and hugged me tighter than she had ever done before. My father joined and created a group hug as he set a glass of flowers onto the floor. At first, I wondered why he didn't set it on the tiny dressing table by my bed, but I turned and realized it was all full. On the cracked wood there were tons of "Get Well" cards, flower bouquets, and even a few balloons, probably from the dollar and less store. I gave a weary smile as my parents backed away and let me grab a card.

"You had a lot of visitors while you were out," My father told me as I read the cursive lettering on the front of the card. It spelled Get Well Soon and in the middle of the card the cheerleading team had signed it. M face lit up and I was content. I didn't know all of the girls cared about me so much.

"These doors were almost never closed, with everyone walking through!" My mother exclaimed with a smile that seemed to go from ear to ear. I guess she was happy that all of the worryings of my condition was over with.

"But sweetie, it's now time for the serious talk." My father leaned against my bed and my mother gave him the look of It's time to tell her.

"What serious talk?" I asked with a weak but audible voice as my mother took a seat on my bed, making the mattress sink even further.

"Honey, we can't let you hang out with Jake anymore," My father said in a stern voice. I let my jaw drop and eyes widen.

"We're sorry, it's for your safety," My mother told me in a calm voice. This was unbelievable.
"This is unfair! Just because someone wrecked his car?!!"
"His car wasn't the only thing that was "wrecked", you got enough injuries to count too." My father debated.

"Just face it, this is for your own good," My mother said with a sharp voice.
"Emily, you're awake! The nurse just told I'm so-" Jake burst into the room bearing a heart filled with fancy chocolates, a few balloons, and a look that told me he knew now how my parents felt about him.

"I'm really sorry about all of this, you guys must be really shaken up. But I assure you that she will remain safe if you give me another chance." He pleaded with my parents. They faced Jake without smiles.
"Jake, you are prohibited from seeing my daughter!" My father yelled, his voice rough and troubled.

"But sir I-"
"Leave Jake, and I don't want to see a single hand touching her in the halls." My mother got up and stepped forward, motioning Jake to back off.

Jake gave me a depressed look and dropped his gifts on the floor. I knew I had to do something now since I wouldn't be able to chase him out of my room. "Jake, please don't go. We can figure something out!" I called desperately trying to change the situation.
"No, it's fine. I hope you feel better," Jake's voice was barely audible, sounding really hurt. He walked out as I saw a tear roll down his cheek, and then the door closed, blocking any further interactions I could make with him.
"Where's my phone?"

"No texting him either,"
"Maybe you should delete his contact," My father suggested.

"Ugh!" I yelled, angered. "Please leave!"
My parents glanced at each other than left the room, slamming the door behind them. That was the next sound I heard when I suddenly felt very sleepy. I closed my eyes and tried to think of my happy place, but I could only think about Jake and how I would keep this relationship going. I had no suggestions, so I decided I would ask Tyler, Jasper, Kendra, and Mia what to do next. Surely they would know the answer to one of the most important questions that come out of my mouth.