All Good Things Must Come to an End

I woke up from a ding, more than one actually. It seemed like thousands of them, but they only came from one source. Tyler had texted me, and it sounded pretty urgent before I even read his messages. I just hoped it was a good kind of urgent, the kind someone expressed when they had big plans and couldn't wait to begin the event. But unfortunately, the event was something I could've put off for hours.

We need to talk

Meet me at my place

ASAP

I knew from common sense that there was a high chance that Tyler would break up with me. We would be over before I even went through the front doorway and met with him in his home. Only a small part of me was sad, and I wasn't shocked. Not at all actually. The words he said weren't music to my ears however, they were the cold hard truth.

***

It was cold although it was the Spring. The wind seemed to be going at an impossible speed, and the sky looked like it would stay grey forever. But the clouds weren't dark enough for there to be rain. Just wind and coldness, lots and lots of coldness. I was wearing a light black sweater that already had the wind poking through and jeans without holes. I know, an almost impossible sight: non-ripped jeans.

I checked my snaps as I walked to his doorway, mostly unseen streaks that featured pets and a lot of ceilings. I ringed the doorbell, placing my phone in my jean pocket and moving a strand of hair back into place. I already felt my phone vibrate beneath my pants but I tried as hard as I could to ignore it. Yes, I was addicted to my phone, but you didn't know that because most of the scenes in this story don't involve me with the tech. I heard the door creak open and looked up from the floor to see Tyler with a defeated expression, motioning for me to come in.

Tyler's P.O.V

I threw a black t-shirt over my stomach and poked my arm through the holes. I couldn't smile at all, so I gave up on doing it. I couldn't stop thinking about Jade. She unintentionally made me drool over her and I hated it. I hated not being the strong one in control. But no matter how hard I tried to act tough, she deflated me. She made me blush, made me weak, made my whole body shake, and I didn't like it man; just telling you.

But a small part of me liked the feeling. Liked having her show me the strings. Or was it the ropes? I liked having to blush when she said something because it showed her that I'm interested in her, which somehow helped me to get her to stick around for longer than I expected. But it was all useless, like shooting a three-pointer with one second left and the other team tons of points ahead of yours. 

I realized what this feeling was when I talked to my dad about it. He wasn't usually the one I would talk to these things about, but sometimes problems have to be dealt out man to man, you know? He clapped me on the shoulder and chuckled after I told him everything. 

"Does this make me insane, or a stalker because I can't stop thinking about her?"

"Son, it's not insanity, it's love."

Like I said with my sports reference, there was no point. I had to end this before I got hurt even more. But the action that stopped the pain caused more pain, which meant that I'd have pain if I did it and more if I didn't. You feel me? 

Why does the truth have to cause so much....pain?