12

"My dearest love, we will have to depart very soon. I saw your bags were already packed, great thinking, my dearest," the king whispered into Aaron's ear who nodded quickly.

"You might want to ask the servants to get you new horses," Aaron said quietly and the king looked at him with a bright smile and nodded.

"Yes, I should do that. If you haven't finished all your packing you should do so now, so the servants can transport them to our awaiting carriage," he said and ran his hand over Aaron's waist downward, "The gods have truly blessed me that you are what I may wake up to in the morning from now on." he whispered lovingly with a smile and Aaron smiled back. The king slowly got up, wanting to stay with Aaron longer but knowing that he couldn't and would have all the time in the world with him later. He dressed quickly and left the room quietly. Immediately after he closed the door Aaron jumped up from the bed and put on his robes again and Hercules made himself visible and embraced Aaron tightly and possessively. A small whimper escaped Aaron's lips and Hercules kissed his forehead.

"I'll make sure you never have to do this ever again. I'll make sure you'll never have to see this man ever again. I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry!" he mumbled more to himself, a promise. Aaron just nodded stiffly and slowly pulled away from the embrace. He didn't want to, but he had to. He went to the door and made sure to lock it properly before he turned around again to face Hercules, though his gaze hit the window just behind him.

"Where's Alexander?" he asked, knowing for a fact that Alexander wasn't in the room with them and Hercules looked outside of the barred window.

"He's just outside. He'll be here in a minute," Hercules said and noticed James was still following Alexander, "With company, I see."

"Company?" Aaron asked, "James, the god of the moon?" Hercules nodded with an equally confused look in his eyes.

"Wh-what? What does he want here?" Aaron asked, some fear entering his voice. He knew he was safe with Thomas, Hercules and Alexander, they would defend him, but he was afraid that James would gather more gods to fight against them. Especially no that Alexander was beaten up and defeated so easily.

"Trust me, I did not bring him here willingly," Alexander fell in from the window, starling Hercules and eliciting an excited noise from Aaron.

"ALEXANDER!" Aaron exclaimed and ran to him, picking him up from the ground and hugging him tightly, feeling every bruise and gash on his body and whimpering for him. "I'm so glad you're back!"

"Glad to be back. Is the spell-" Alexander tried but was interrupted by James coming in through the window behind him. James' eyes widened when he saw Aaron and he froze to the spot, unmoving, unblinking, unbreathing even. Aaron had a look of fear in his eyes that turned into protective anger as he held Alexander closer to him, daring James to approach them wrong. Suddenly, there was a bright glow in the room again. Thomas was visible again and James ripped his gaze away from Aaron's and gasped when he saw Thomas.

"Th-Thomas?!" he yelped, but Thomas was too concentrated still to notice him.

Suddenly, a bright and golden glow engulfed the entire room, no, the entire palace. There was a sound, a loud crash of glass bursting and stones flying at and hitting each other with full force. The wall in front of him cracked and melted and bits and pieces flew outwards, hitting trees and bushes and the ground with loud bangs and thuds and crashes. People within the palace were alarmed and ran to Aaron's chambers to get him to safety, assuming it was an unforeseen attack from the outside. They tried to open the door, but Aaron had locked it. They banged against the door, screaming and begging for Aaron or whoever was inside with him to open the door and let Aaron get to safety. James looked confused and startled, looking at Hercules and Thomas for answers, looking at Aaron for answers who just looked so excited for what was happening. Then there was an explosion. With a loud and roaring boom that reminded Aaron much of Alexander's thunder and lightning, the last bits and pieces of the spell lay broken before them along with the wall that carried in it now only a gaping hole. The sun glared above them and Aaron let out an excited cheer together with Alexander and Hercules, while James looked at Thomas and everyone else just so confused. Thomas finally broke out of his own concentrated spell and grinned at Aaron, before freezing to the spot when he spotted James so close to them. He opened his mouth as if to say something but not one sound he wanted to make would leave his mouth.