03

CHAPTER THREE » BLOODSTAINED
"Your family is right here, standing right in front of you."

The group stood in a small circle around where Bob had been lay, staring blankly at the now empty space

After being carried inside, Bob had revealed a nasty bite mark on his shoulder, one he'd acquired at the food bank he'd headed to with Rick and the others  earlier, whilst I'd been on my supply run. Shortly afterwards, he was carried into Gabriel's office by a teary eyed Sasha and Tyreese.

The sound of their footsteps had slowly began to fade, leaving the rest of us in a complete silence.

"Time for a reality check," Abraham announced. I lifted my head. "We need to leave for D.C. Right now."

"Like hell," I spoke up.

Whilst Sasha and Tyreese had been searching for Bob, they realised that both Daryl and Carol were no longer around either. In the midst of the chaos, I hadn't noticed their presences had even been missing, until we'd regrouped, which was when Sasha informed us of the news.

Abraham stared down at me, as if surprised that I'd even have dared to challenge his decision.

I tensed slightly, meeting his narrowed eyes. "I'm not going anywhere without Daryl."

"Daryl and Carol are going to be back," Rick continued, taking over. Abraham's eyes shifted over to him. "We're not going anywhere without our people."

"I respect that, but there's a clear threat here to Eugene," Abraham responded, almost making me want to roll my eyes. "I need to extract his ass before things get any uglier. So if y'all won't come then good luck to you. We'll go our separate ways."

Abraham turned to leave, gun in hand and Rosita close behind, only to be stopped in the aisle by Rick.

"You leaving on foot?"

Abraham seemed to pause mid step, slowly turning back around to face Rick. There was a flash in his eyes, a challenging glint to them. I moved through the row of one of the pews, heading closer to the both of them.

"We fixed that damn bus outside ourselves," Abraham stated.

"There's a lot more of us," Rick challenged, taking a step closer.

"You want to keep it that way? You should come," Abraham challenged.

"Carol saved your life," Rick countered. "We saved your life."

"Well, I'm trying to save yours," Abraham pushed, his voice raising. "Save everyone's."

"We're not going without our people," Rick repeated, his tone turning incredibly serious. I shared a wary look with Glenn.