28

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT » THE END OF EVERYTHING
"Not today. Not tomorrow. But I'm gonna kill you."

Negan swung Lucille down on Abraham as screams and cries of emotion broke out from within the group

A sickening crunch echoed in the air as Abraham dropped to the ground from the sheer force of the weapon, but he had soon pushed himself upright again, his hardened eyes staring Negan, staring death, straight in the face.

"Oh! Look at that!" Negan exclaimed in amusement, his eyes drifting around the rest of the group as choked cries filled the air, blurring with my own, until I could no longer pinpoint who was reacting and who wasn't. "Taking it like a champ!"

Abraham's stare narrowed into an icy cold glare, trickles of blood from the deep wound in his skull dripping into his drooping eyes. "Suck. My. Nuts."

His fingers began to twitch, holding up a peace sign towards Sasha, who released a sharp gasp, the pained sound plummeting against my chest as I curled lower into the ground in defeat, unable to even comprehend what it must be like to lose the person you cared about most in the entire world.

Rosita cried out painstakingly loud as Negan slammed the bat against Abraham's skull once more, his now unmoving body collapsing to the ground. My stomach tightened as bile began to rise in my throat, chest heaving as Negan continued to hit Abraham until his face was no longer recognisable.

I finally found it in myself to turn away, my fingernails digging deeply into the dirt as a deathly silence fell over the group, punctuated in moments by harrowing sobs and cries. I closed my eyes shut, the tears brimming in my eyes falling against my cheeks as I processed what had just happened, unable to get the haunting image of Abraham's mangled body from my mind.

Negan let out a sinister laugh, and I slowly lifted my head, the muscles in my entire body tightening as I watched him turn to address ya. "Did you hear that?" He asked in amusement, sparing an entertained glance back at the Saviors. "He said, 'suck my nuts'!"

I bit down hard, gritting my teeth to hold back the agonised and angered cries forcing their way up my throat. Abraham didn't deserve any of this.

"Oh my goodness!" Negan swung the bat through the air carelessly, splashed of blood splattering onto those nearest to him. I shrunk back, feeling my body beginning to tremble, though it wasn't from the chilly night air, and it wasn't from fear of Negan; it was the exact same burning anger emitting from Rick, from Daryl, from everyone. Negan had just started a war. "Look at this! You guys, look at my dirty girl!"

He strolled towards Rosita, shoving Lucille in her face so that her eyes were level with the bloodied weapon. "Sweetheart, lay your eyes on this." Rosita's eyes widened in horror, becoming glassy with tears as she couldn't help but do anything but stare in front of her. Eventually she squeezed them shut, turning her head away as she began to cry softly.