13

A/N
^ trailer above. best with headphones.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN » BLINDED
"If it comes down to us or them, it's always gonna be us."

"You sure you're okay with this?" I asked Noah, pausing before I handed him the weapon he was taking out for the supply run

"I gotta be," he joked, smiled weakly before correcting himself. "Yeah, I'm good."

I handed him the gun. "Anyone gives you any trouble, you tell me as soon as you get back, all right?"

"Alright," he nodded. "Thanks, Blaire."

I liked Noah a lot. The last few days we'd spoken a lot more, and I'd helped him get to know weapons a little better. There was an innocence to him that almost reminded me of Carl, and I felt the need to look out for him. But I was comforted in the knowledge that he was going to be with Glenn, Tara and Jade for this supply run. I still didn't trust Aiden and Nicholas one bit, but I knew the others would do whatever it takes to keep each other safe.

"Try not to cause too much trouble whilst I'm gone," Glenn told me with a grin, leaning down to kiss me gently.

"Mhm," I mumbled against his lips before the two of us broke away. "As long as you try not to start anymore fights.

"No promises."

The group left shortly afterwards, and I started up my morning rounds with Carter, trying to keep my mind distracted from any worries I had about the others.

"You been working your magic on Aiden?" I eventually asked him as we began to stroll through the community.

"Something like that."

"You think the others are safe out there with him and Nicholas?" I asked, unable to quite help my mind to shift from the topic.

"They know how to take care of him," Carter assured, glancing over at me. "They'll be okay."

I nodded slowly, letting silence lapse between us both for a while. Strangely, it somewhat felt comfortable. I had recently started to think that perhaps Carter and I were more similar than I had first realised.

"Are you not worried?"

"I had hesitations, yeah," he replied. "Noah's a good kid, I got to know him well at that hospital. The thought of him going out there with a dickhead like Aiden–" he cut off, shaking his head. "Glenn, Jade, Tara, I know they'll stop at nothing to take care of him, and of each other. If there's trouble, they'll sort it."

"I guess so," I said musingly. We walked quietly, as I desperately tried to continue to keep my mind off Glenn and the others. I wasn't used to being apart from him, especially on things like supply runs. We always did those together, always had each other's backs. It was becoming impossible to distract myself from all my thoughts. "Do you like it here?" I suddenly blurted.