15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN » THE PLAN
"You sure you can handle it?"

The silence in the room was thick and heavy, slowly becoming unbearable

I stood beside Daryl, across from the man who had introduced himself as Morgan Jones. He sat rigidly in the dimly lit kitchen, watching Rick silently.

When he'd first arrived to find Rick standing over Pete's body, he'd watched him with a look of deep disappointment, as if he'd just witnessed someone he once knew turn into something terrible. But now, as he sat opposite him, Morgan watched Rick without expression.

I kept my eyes narrowed curiously, struggling to make out how I felt about the stranger.

"Blaire." I snapped my head up towards the doorframe, where Liv stood with an apologetic look in her eyes. "Glenn's in the infirmary."

My heart dropped. "What?"

"Come with me."

I shared a worried glance with Daryl before moving away from the table and out of the room, following Liv closely as we headed quickly through the dark. I reached the infirmary door first, pushing it open forcefully to find my husband sheepishly sat on the edge of one of the beds. His clothes were slightly torn, and his hair was a mess, but, most worryingly, he was covered in blood.

I rushed towards Glenn, lightly wrapping my arms around him in an embrace. I pulled back slightly, my eyes wandering over him anxiously. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," he muttered.

I took a step back, my eyes landing on Nicholas, who sat on the other side of the room, just as bloodied and bruised as Glenn, if not worse.

My jaw clenched at the sight of him, and I hoped for his sake he didn't have anything to do with Glenn's injuries. "What the hell happened?"

I tore my attention away from Nicholas, facing Glenn again, who watched me with a blank expression. "We were out there. Ran into walker trouble."

Liv narrowed her eyes. "You've got a shot wound, Glenn."

My eyes landed on the bandage by his shoulder. "You got shot?" I glanced towards Nicholas again, who shifted his gaze from mine quickly. "Walkers can't shoot, Glenn."

"A bullet ricocheted," Glenn replied simply. "I'm okay."

I nodded my head slowly, not entirely convinced that I'd got the full story, but I decided not to press it any further.

"Hey, we should talk later," I said, placing my hand on his forearm.

Glenn looked up at me. "I've got things to do."

I swallowed thickly, the harshness in Glenn's tone almost knocking the air out of my lungs. I took a few steps back, averting my gaze. "Okay," I said, unable to keep my voice from wobbling. I smiled weakly, trying to disguise my hurt. "Maybe another time."