iii

•⭐❇⭐•

     "you have some new stuff to look through", kihyun placed down a stack of papers onto changkyun's table. changkyun looked up from his initial work, whining. 

in a day, changkyun had to look through at least 2 of the most complicated cases, since he was considered one of the best prosecutors. 

though for this week, he had been given more than a normal amount of documents which caused him to leave for home later than usual. 

"rip my sanity", changkyun sighed deeply. kihyun ruffled the younger's hair before going back to his office table.

changkyun glanced to his small table clock; 6:03 pm.

"okay, let's see what we have here", changkyun took the stack of papers, flipping through them.

"kihyun, am i really going to do a trial about some guy killing cats?", changkyun yelled out. kihyun only chuckled, not looking up from his work.

"just send him to jail!", changkyun groaned. 

changkyun quickly wrote some stuff down on the papers where they needed to be filled in. he honestly  just wanted it to be done and over with.

" ...animal abuser. done!".

changkyun pushed the papers aside, resting his head on the table, sighing deeply.

"changkyun, do you want to get some coffee with me later?", kihyun called out to the younger.

"i want ice cream", changkyun pouted, earning a chuckle from the older.

"i think coffee is better for your tired brain".

--

     the two had gone to the nearby café for their evening hour's break. kihyun mostly dragging the younger out of the office. 

"changkyun, are you really okay with having this much work?", kihyun asked, concern evident in his voice.

"yeah, why wouldn't i be?", changkyun lied, forcing a laugh. 

"that is literally the most fake laughter i've ever heard", kihyun rolled his eyes ,"changkyun, you need a break".

"what? no i don't", changkyun scoffed.

"yes you do", kihyun swiftly hit the younger's hand on the table.

changkyun cried in pain as he drew his hand back, rubbing the back of his hand. kihyun slightly crossed his arms.

"but..", changkyun started ,"i like doing this prosecuting things, kihyun. this work takes my mind off of my thoughts". changkyun looked down at his shoes, sighing.

kihyun's expression softened. he regretted snapping at the younger.

"i'm sorry", kihyun then sighed.

"i know i look stressed out but i'm fine with the amount of work given. i'll get used to it", changkyun tried reassuring the older.

"i just don't want you to overly work yourself, you know?", kihyun breathed out.

"i promise i won't", changkyun said, nodding his head in a assurance. kihyun sighed.

--------

wooh this is tiring HAHA