xiii

•⭐❇⭐•

they soon entered an empty office. changkyun supposed it was investigator shin's office but he soon doubted it since there weren't any papers or files on the present desk.

she settled down on one of the seats and gestured changkyun to sit across her.

they began to spread out the papers and files, compiling each evidence into several groups according to witnesses, time and what supposedly had happened.

someone soon knocked on the office door. investigator shin walked over to the door and opened it.

"thank you hoseok", investigator shin spoke. changkyun lifted his head to see who it was at the door.

they had a small talk. changkyun couldn't help but realise that investigator shin was smiling alot while she talked with that guy.

wait a minute. isn't he the guy she was with the other day? changkyun thought he looked quite familiar.

changkyun immediately went back to his work when investigator shin was closing the door and waving at hoseok, pretending that he didn't anylase their behavior at all.

investigator shin walked back to the table and put a cup of freshly brewed coffee in front of changkyun.

he looked at the coffee, then at investigator shin and back to the coffee ,"is this for me?".

"i thought you might need some energy working on a tiring case", investigator shin smiled politely.

changkyun nodded and mouthed out a 'thank you' before taking a sip from the cup. he breathed out in satisfaction.

"okay, where shall we start", investigator shin said after taking a sip of her coffee too.

changkyun had looked over the stack of papers, surprisingly, the previous day and he had sort of categorised the easier-to-deal-with witness reports.

"i read the witnesses' reports yesterday and i think we should start with the easier reports?", changkyun started, earning a nod from investigator shin.

"i'm listening".

"the first witness' name is choi minkyung. she reported that she was walking home at night when she saw an ambulance by the side of the highway. they seemed to be unloading some stuff. she also saw what seemed like a long black bag being disposed into the nearby forest. she waited for them to leave before she went to look at what they had disposed since she thought they were being pretty suspicious, but the black bag was completely gone".

investigator shin took down some notes before she looked through her stack of papers.

"i have even more juicy information", she said with a chuckle which made changkyun smile.

"this witness ; kim jungin, he saw an ambulance too at a place similar to your witness' report but at a different town. it was also at like 12 midnight. he saw the supposed 'medics' dressed in black with black caps and they wearing black gloves. he didn't have time to see the vehicle's license plate and their faces since they were so well covered and they had driven away after not more than 10 minutes. he too checked what they had disposed into the ground but nothing was found", she finished.

"how can some people be that sneaky", changkyun thought with a frustrated chuckle. investigator shin agreed with a nod.

-------

i stopped here becos the chapter was exceeding my usual word limit hehe