xv

•⭐❇⭐•

     "changkyun?!", kihyun exclaimed. changkyun almost fell off his chair when kihyun suddenly shouted.

he was harmlessly spinning around in his chair with his head laid back when he hand unconsciously knocked down a stapler.

out of all the things on his desk, it just had to be a stapler.

changkyun silently cursed under his breathe as he watched the older's eyes flutter open with a frown on his face.

"changkyun... ", he called out ,"changkyun?! since when were you here??".

"firstly, i'm sorry that i woke you up and you probably want to murder me now but i only accidently smacked down the stapler, secondly, i just came back from a 6 hour investigating session with jaeeun", changkyun quickly said.

"i'm not going to murder you for today", kihyun let out a yawn ,"and... jaeeun?".

"investigator shin. i call her jaeeun instead because having to say 'investigator shin' takes too long", changkyun grinned cheekily.

kihyun chuckled. "so how was it?".

"it was good... there was a guy called hoseok who came by the office just before we started. i'm guessing he was the one who brought us the coffee", changkyun shrugged 
"come to think of it, jaeeun isn't that bad after all. maybe it's because of her rbf but i think she's a nice person now and she's great to work with actually", changkyun smiled.

kihyun nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

"also, that hoseok guy and her look like they're in some kind of intimate relationship", changkyun added.

"sounds like someone is jealous", kihyun smirked before laughing.

"jealous?", changkyun scoffed ,"my crusty ass has no time to be jealous of someone".

and like that kihyun burst out laughing at changkyun's comment.

the reason why kihyun had drifted off to sleep was because of how uncomfortably quiet the office was without changkyun.

sure he sometimes would tell changkyun to shut his mouth when he was being too talkative but only after a day without changkyun, he didn't like the aura he had to be alone in.

he hoped the case would be closed soon. he needed changkyun to make working hours more lively again.

---------