xvii

•⭐❇⭐•

     just as changkyun was about to open the bag of chips, jaeeun came back into the office.

"okay, let's quickly have our snacks", jaeeun said. she took the sandwich and plopped down onto the chair in front of changkyun.

"what did y'all talk about?", changkyun mumbled as he stuffed his last sandwich bite.

"nothing", she smiled sheepishly and quickly took a bite of her sandwich.

"sure", changkyun scoffed playfully. he honestly just wanted to know out of curiosity and was fine without her telling. he liked to tease her around for fun.

jaeeun didn't say anything, just chuckling instead.

the two finished their small lunch and disposed the rubbish away before clearing the table. they placed the stack of papers and files back onto the table.

the started going over their last research to confirm all the evidence and placed them in the 'done' pile soon after.

they then started reading the suspects' profiles and their information, referring their pictures to the cctv pictures caught of the ambulance and the criminals to see if they looked any similar.

jaeeun suddenly hissed. changkyun looked up and saw jaeeun clutching her pointer finger and the few sheets of paper messily dropped onto the table.. he quickly noticed the blood dripping down.

"jaeeun! what happened??", changkyun's eyes widened at the sight. he stood up by reflex and quickly went over to her.

her eyes were getting watery when she glanced at changkyun for a second. she rushed away to the side table and opened the drawer. she took out a box, some tissue packets and a bandage roll.

changkyun thought that she only got a papercut. how could it hurt so bad?

jaeeun cleaned the cut with the wet wipes, wincing at the pain. she then placed dry tissues onto it before she quickly opened the box and took out what looked like a medicine bottle.

"do you need me to help?", changkyun asked worriedly, seeing that her wound was still bleeding profusely.

"it's okay", she managed a smile. a tear slipped down her cheek and she continued to clean the wound.

why wasn't the blood stopping?

--------