xviii

•⭐❇⭐•

     changkyun was still so worried for the latter who had a profusely bleeding finger yet she didn't let him help.

she applied a thick layer of cream from the bottle, lightly dabbing on it before proceeding with wrapping the bandage around her finger.

"please let me help", changkyun took the bandage from her, looking at her with reassurance.

they stopped in their positions for awhile as she looked at him while another tear escaped. she didn't protest and finally let changkyun help her.

changkyun gently wrapped the bandage around the tissue above the wound and continued to wrap it around her finger tightly.

she slightly winced at the pressure against the wound as changkyun secured it with a plaster.

changkyun lightly stroked it to soothe the pain and quickly took a tissue paper, wiping jaeeun's tears away.

"everything's fine now, alright?", changkyun assured her with a nod.

but jaeeun's sad smile said otherwise. she opened the drawer again and took out a bottle of pills. she walked to the lounge table and took a seat, taking out her waterbottle from her bag.

she popped a pill into her mouth and gulped down some water.

changkyun hurried back to the table and sat down infront of her ,"jaeeun... please tell me what's wrong".

"there's nothing wrong", she lied.

"look, i'm not stupid okay. you got hurt really bad even though it looks like a small cut to me. what is the matter?", changkyun sternly asked.

he didn't mean to pressure her. he wanted to know so that the little incident can be avoided in the future.

jaeeun took in a deep breathe before letting out a sigh.

"okay fine", she looked like she wanted to cry again ,"i'm suffering from hemophilia. the blood disease of which my blood can't clot. if i lose too much blood, i might just die".

"i get scared, okay. whenever i get even the smallest wounds, the thought of not being able to heal scares me so much", jaeeun stumbled over her words as she tried to explain her illness.

changkyun didn't know what to say. he could only look at her with such pity and distress.

--------