x

•⭐❇⭐•

     "prosecutor im changkyun, the head chief would like to meet you".

changkyun looked up from his computer screen and looked to the direction of the person who called him.

"oh... sure", changkyun hesitantly stood up from his seat and looked at kihyun, expecting him to mouth out 'everything will be fine' but he was too engaged in his work.

he sighed as he walked out of his office. what could have i done? what did i screw up this time?

the head chief was a strict person, and changkyun didn't like to meet him or have a conversation with him in any way.

he knocked on the door to his office and slowly opened the door, peeking into the room.

"chief... you called for me?", changkyun said.

"prosecutor changkyun! please come in, you're just in time", the chief called out. changkyun took a deep breath before stepping into the office.

his gaze immediately fell onto... investigator shin? why is she here?

"have a seat", chief smiled, pointing politely at the chair in front of investigator shin ,"i have great news for the both of you".

changkyun immediately frowned. the dream can't be happening right now?

"the office has just received a case quite challenging," he started, the atmosphere serious.

"patients who are expected at hospitals after an accident, do not reach the hospital at all. they disappeared without a trace".

changkyun's eyes widened.

"there is not enough witnesses to inform us about who is behind this. so i'm hoping that the both of you, two of the best detectives, can work together as a team to solve this case", the chief finished.

he took a stack of papers from his desk, and a few files and placed them onto the table in front of them.

"here are the records of the timing of disappearance of the victims and other relevant information. i hope you both work diligently", the chief said.

changkyun didn't how to react at first. he was speechless.

even though he had dreamt about this exact moment happening, he truly did not what to say.

"we will, chief", investigator shin immediately said, slowly pushing some of the papers towards changkyun and taking the rest.

"i expect you both to start the work today," chief smiled lightly ,"thank you. best of luck".

changkyun quickly took the papers and investigator shin bowed slightly before they left the room.

they slowly walked away from the office, going no where exactly.

"so, do you want to start this today?", investigator shin suddenly questioned. her tone neither enthusiastic nor bored.

"i'm suddenly tired", changkyun faked a yawn, curious at what her reaction would be.

"we'll do it tomorrow then", she nodded and left to walk to her office.

changkyun frowned. where did that impatient rude-ish woman go?

---------

update!!! hehe sorry for slight hiatus, have been quite busy with school 😪