xii

•⭐❇⭐•

     changkyun slipped through the almost closing glass doors and ran towards the lift lobby. he managed to squeezed into the lift and pressed his floor number, panting.

7:58 am and he was late for work. by 8 am, the chief would be making his daily morning rounds in the office and he'd be screwed if he wasn't there.

the lift stopped at his level and before the doors could open fully, he squeezed through them and ran to his office.

he pushed open the glass door and crashed onto his desk chair, almost falling over. he quickly positioned himself neatly.

kihyun mouthed out 'thank god you're here' when changkyun arrived. his eyes were wide open, mostly out of surprise.

changkyun was still panting, but managed to give kihyun a smile.

the chief soon came strolling by their office, a satisfied smile on his lips when he saw the two. he even gave them a thumbs up before he walked off to the next office.

"yah", kihyun called out as he lightly threw a pen at changkyun, which hit his temple ,"you almost got us in trouble".

changkyun threateningly shot up his hand with the intention of hitting the older but slowly put it down, glaring at him.

"i'm sorry my alarm clock was being suckish", changkyun sighed. kihyun chuckled.

knock knock.

changkyun was busy rearranging the things on his desk when someone knocked on their office door.

"good morning", a female voice sounded. she peered into the office.

"oh, investigator shin!", kihyun smiled politely. changkyun's head immediately shot up and his gaze met hers.

she smiled to kihyun before smiling at changkyun ,"i'd like to start our discussion".

changkyun's head stopped processing his thoughts for a moment. as if he was snapped back into reality, he shook his head ,"oh... yeah sure".

changkyun grabbed the pile of documents from his desk and walked out of the office with kihyun mouthing out a 'good luck'.

investigator shin slightly bowed at the latter, with him bowing back before they made their way towards an office.

---------