xi

•⭐❇⭐•

    "what did the chief ask for?", kihyun asked when the younger came strolling into the office with a stack of papers and a file in his hands.

changkyun placed the papers on his table with a loud thud ,"i have a case to solve with investigator shin".

kihyun's eyes widened ,"seriously?".

changkyun nodded while he sat down ,"i'm excited, to be honest. we'll see if she's really a nice person".

kihyun laughed ,"why are you saying that as if it's some plan to expose her?".

changkyun smiled innocently. he didn't exactly dislike investigator shin, since the only person he hated was hyunwoo.

changkyun wanted to see how much of a good investigator she was, 'shin jae eun;  one of the best'.

changkyun shrugged as they got back to doing their work.

the day soon ended. the two made their way out of the office.

"how did you get to know investigator shin? i've been in the office for 11 months now, i haven't seen her before only until that day", changkyun suddenly asked the older as they walked to the bus stop.

"i hope you didn't forget that i've worked here for 3 years already", kihyun laughed.

changkyun made the 'oh' expression, chuckling to himself.

"she doesn't walk by our part of the building often. her office is actually at the other side. she only comes to our part of the office if something really important comes up", kihyun informed the younger.

"really?", changkyun asked out of curiousity. kihyun nodded.

she comes to the office alot of times now. that case must be really important.

sometimes changkyun wondered, how he had the title of 'one of the best prosecutors' in the office.

he'd send in his papers late, doze off while typing furiously on his keyboard, he'd even be the last one to reach a meeting from time to time.

who could blame him though? he was still in the middle of finishing his last law school semester and yet he already had to work as a prosecutor.

he rested his chin on his palm as he gazed out of the bus window, letting out a tired sigh.

------------