xiv

•⭐❇⭐•

     they continued analysing the reports and only had 30 minute breaks since, according to investigator shin, it was better to finish a case as soon as possible so as to let the family members of the patients who did not reach the hospital grieve in peace and not hold and grudges towards the group of people who did this.

changkyun somehow came to a conclusion to agree to her statement.

after a long 6 hours of investigating the case, noon had finally came. changkyun stretched his arms as a yawn slipped out of his mouth.

investigator shin, who was still busy analysing the reports, looked up at changkyun who had yawned rather loudly.

"are you tired already?", she chuckled, smiling afterwards.

"yeah, kind of. is it okay if we stop here? we've done quite alot, really", changkyun said, flipping through the papers.

"sure. i'm actually tired too", she rubbed her eyes and started putting the papers to one side.

changkyun did the same and stood up, stretching once again.

"you stretch like that as if you did a full 6 hour workout", she laughed. changkyun smiled tiredly.

they walked out of the office.

"see you tomorrow? i guess. glad to be working with you, prosecutor changkyun", she smiled and bowed slightly.

"you too... investi- actually, can i just call you jaeeun? investigator shin is such a long word to say", changkyun rubbed his nape.

"that's okay with me. and it's fine if i call you changkyun, ya?", changkyun nodded and they smiled at each other before they parted their ways.

changkyun tiredly walked back to his office and when he opened the door, he found a surprisingly asleep kihyun.

kihyun was resting his head on his arms which were resting on his desk and alot of papers seemed to be messily spread across the desk.

changkyun contemplated whether he should wake the older up. kihyun tend to very cranky if he was woken up.

changkyun quietly walked over to his desk, carefully to not trip over the pen and the other stuff on the floor.

changkyun plopped down onto his chair, giving it a small spin as a sigh escaped his mouth.

----------