The emo girl and the Youtube sensation [The Proposal]

Chapter 16 (Sweet Sixteen ^_^)

Alex's POV

"I like mushrooms!" Zach shouted out of the blue. We were sitting at the back of a cab on our way to London to go to Westfield. Westfield is like the biggest mall in London.

"What?" I said giving him a confused look.

"I like mushrooms!" he shouted again practically bouncing up and down in his chair only the seatbelt was restraining him.

"And that has to do with me because..." I said waiting for him to elaborate.

"Well, remember in the morning, what did you call me?" he said beaming at me.

"MUSHROOMS!!!" Now I was that bouncing up and down in my seat. I looked up and saw the driver looking at me weirdly through the rear-view mirror. I blushed.

"Exactly." He said giving me a cute smile. Then there was an awkward silence. "Well, do you like pumpkins?" he asked hopefully.

"No." I said shaking my head. He deflated back into his seat. "But, I like Jackal Lanterns." I said with a big smile. He returned my smile and then the cab came to a halt.

"'Ere we are." Said the cab driver in a cockney accent. "That'll be 60 quid." I guess that is a reasonable price since we came from outside London.

I went into my purse to get out my money and give it to the man. When I was about to I saw Zach give the driver a £50 note and a £20 note. "Keep the change." He said nonchalantly.

He slipped out of the cab and held the door open for me. I said a thank you to the man and jumped out.

"Zach," I growled when the cab was gone. "I was going to pay." I said to him with a glare. He looked like he hadn't done anything wrong. Well he hadn't but I wanted to pay.

"Am I right when I say that you're angry with me because I didn't let you pay?" I gave a slight nod. "Good to know." He said before strolling away. I ran after him when I stopped in awe.

What I saw was the most beautiful building I have seen since I came to England. It was white and it had so many designs and it just looked amazing...

It was so classy but yet casual at the same time. I felt so under-dressed to go in there. I was in black skinny jeans and my FTSK band tee and Zach's baggy hoodie and my favourite black converses.

But yet when I looked around everyone was dressed so normal that I kind-of felt in place. I turned to speak to Zach but realised I lost him in the crowd.

"Oi My Size!" said a light skin boy who was in a group. I didn't think they were talking to me so I just continued walking looking for Zach.

"Oi! You!" I kept on walking until I felt a hard grip on my wrist and then it reminded me of the night with Zach. I flinched.

"Sorry, I did not realise you were talking to me." I said giving him a sheepish smile whilst trying to slide my wrist out of his hold. He got the message and let go.

"Ite Cool." He said in his deep British accent. "Buh your lookin a lil lost still." I just nodded since he wasn't speaking English but I think he was saying something about me being lost.

"Yeah, I am lost. I was kind of looking for my boyfriend but he walked off to somewhere and I got lost in the crowd."

"Well, I'll just -" he was cut off by the speakers making a screeching sound and then a familiar voice came on.

"Alex. Alex." It was Zach!

Zach's POV

"Am I right when I say that you're angry with me because I didn't let you pay?" I saw her give me a slight nod. "Good to know." I said before walking away.