Chapter 28 - The wedding

Chapter 28  

Shit! That aisle looks 8 miles long! And my tiara feels too tight. I wonder if you can put on weight around your head. Do I have a muffin-top fore-head? And these Louboutin's hurt like hell. No matter how expensive or how cute these shoes are, the balls of my feet feel like they have been grated with a cheese grater and dipped into a bucket of TCP.

I looked up to see Zach looking as calm as ever. He was looking happy and relaxed. Well, he didn't have to wear 4 inch Louboutin's while being pregnant with a floor-length gown and every eye on you, now did he? I mean come on. I loved how it looked on me before I was pregnant but now I am, it just tells the whole world I'm pregnant. *sigh* And Jesus! You can't even see the stupid shoes, not even tip of my toe.

My hands are so sweaty and my heart is pumping through my chest. You know like those cartoons when an animal sees someone they think is gorgeous and the heart is leaping out of their chest. That's how I feel now. I wonder if I have sweat patches. I tried to sneak a peek but right about now I'm walking down the aisle and probably every person in here could see me.

I had finally reached the top of the aisle when my dad turned to me and lifted up my veil and kissed me on the cheek twice and giving me a heart-warming smile. I returned one and went to go stand opposite Zach. He gave me a cute smile and a wink and I tried to give one back but I don't think he saw it because of the veil. -___- This veil is gay. The only reason I'm wearing this stupid thing is because my mother... Oh right, I'm getting married. Ha-ha, almost forgot there.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Zachary Alexander Mason and Alexia Harper Russo in holy matrimony," the priest began. That's not fair how come his name comes first? Zach gave me a cheeky grin and I tried to glare at him but my stupid veil was in the way. -__- "Which is commended to be honourable among all men; and therefore - is not by any- to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly- but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just why they may not be joined together- let them speak now or forever hold their peace." He paused for any interruptions.

Suddenly, the door burst open and in came... yup, you guessed it Lauren. She looked at us two at the front and Zach shot her a warning glare and she sat into the empty row in the back like the coward she is.

"If there aren't any more interruptions," The priest said glaring at Lauren. See, even priests don't like her! "I would like to say a Bible reading, the couple had chosen." He said sending both me and Zach a smile. Since, he couldn't see my smile because of my stupid veil, I nodded in return. "This is from St Mark's gospel, Chapter 10. 'But at the beginning of creation God 'made them male and female'. For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife; And the two will become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one.Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.' And today we have come together to observe the twining of their soul and embodiment. Now, I will let these two say the vows they had prepared."

I turned to face Zach and watched as he wiped his hands on his pants and was about to grab my hands but I moved my hands away and wiped them on my wedding dress. I'm not the only one that's nervous.

"I, Zachary Alexander Mason, take you, Alexia Harper Russo, to be my wife, my partner in life and my one true love. I will cherish our union and love you more each day than I did the day before. I will trust you and respect you, laugh with you and cry with you, loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together. I give you my hand, my heart, and my love, from this day forward for as long as we both shall live." By the end of his little speech my eyes had tears in them and I was about to choke up.

"Now, we will hear the vows our bride prepared." He said giving me a little smile.

I smiled back through my tears and looked to the congregation. "I'm sorry. As you as know I'm not always like this." Most of the congregation laughed and others just nodded and murmured in agreement. "Zach, from this day forward I promise you these things. I will laugh with you in times of joy and comfort you in times of sorrow. I will share in your dreams, and support you as you strive to achieve your goals. I will listen to you with compassion and understanding, and speak to you with encouragement. I will remain faithful to our vows for better or for worse, in times of sickness and health. You are my best friend and I will love and respect you always." I ended with a lovey-dovey grin to Zach and he returned with a silly face expression and I started laughing. The priest joined in too but he disguised as a cough.

"*cough cough* Now, if we could get the rings, that could be great." Sebastian, who is Zach's best man, leant over to Zach and gave the ring. Demi, my head of honour, leant over and gave me Zach's ring.

"I give you this ring as a symbol of my love for you. Let it be a reminder that I am always by your side and that I will always be a faithful partner to you." I said slipping the ring onto his finger, slowly, and then looking back up in to his eyes. He smiled a small smile to me and the took my left hand.

"This ring I give to you as a token of my love and devotion to you. I pledge to you all that I am and all that I will ever be as your husband. With this ring, I gladly marry you and join my life to yours." He said wiggling his eyebrows. I smirked.

"By the power vested in me by the County of Greater London, I now pronounce you husband and wife." He said and smiled. "Oh, you may now kiss the bride."  

Me and Zach grinned at each other. "Come here, gorgeous." He said to me and grabbed my waist

He smashed his lips against mine and this kiss felt tender. It was soft and not too harder. It was everything I had dreamed my wedding day wish. The priest coughed loudly and we jumped apart.

"I, now, introduce you to Mr and Mrs Mason." The priest said and we turned to face the crowd.

Me and Zach turned to High Five each other. "We did it!" I exclaimed to him and began jumping up and down.

"I know right!" He said jumping up and down higher than me bending his legs in the air like a girl.

Suddenly, a flash went off and I and Zach stopped jumping abruptly. Well, that's just great for a wedding picture; Fat lady and gay jumper as Newlyweds; Nice.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry to do this but I am going to have to split this chapter into 3 parts because it is just going to be so long! And I kind of made you guys wait long enough. The next chapter is the reception and there are a lot of twists in that chapter. I already have it planned out. Sebastian is going to- Oh I was about to tell. I can't it's a secret between me and him. But I was thinking I should do an interview because some of this may be confusing to you so I thought that might help. Tell me what you think?