The emo girl and the YouTube sensation [The Glitz and Glam]

Chapter 23

Alex's POV

So I followed Zach's mom in and as I walked into the living room, I was struck dumb with dresses. All types of dresses; short dresses, long dresses, tight dresses, loose dresses, white dresses, cream dresses, pink dresses and.. Wait, what? Green dresses? "Mom, do you really expect me to wear a green wedding dress? Like come on!" I said to her disbelieving what I was seeing.

"Alexia, honey, don't be silly. They are the bridesmaid dresses." She laughed with Mrs. Mason joining in. "Haha, she actually thought I would suggest a green wedding dress!" my mum exclaimed through laughter.

"Haha, I know right! What does she think this is? A hippy wedding!" Mrs Mason barely said through her fit of laughter.

"Mom. Mrs Mason." I said and they both looked at me, trying to keep in the giggles that wanted to burst out. "I'm so glad that I amused you guys but don't I have to choose my bridesmaids BEFORE I but the bridesmaid dresses?" I asked.

"Sure honey!" My mom said excitedly humour still in her eyes. "So who did you have in mind?" she asked. "I was thinking Lauren, first of all." She said before I could give an answer. It was my turn to laugh now. How can she think that Lauren, of all the people in the world, could actually be my one of my bridesmaids?!? Haha, that's priceless, I thought wiping tears from my eyes, looking up to see with a very blank Mom and In-Law; all humour wiped from their eyes.

"Mom, you know that me and Lauren don't get along." I said composing myself. "AT ALL!" the last part made both middle-aged women shoot up in their seats and eyes widen.

"Okay..." my mom said nodding slowly. "Who would YOU like to be your bridesmaids?" she asked me.

I knew this from the top of my head and I answered automatically. "Okay, Ashley, Zoe, Demi and Hayley." My mum and Mrs. Mason looked shocked at me knowing who I wanted my bridesmaids to be. What do they expect? I am a girl and I have to admit I have thought about my wedding and of course my best friends would be my bridesmaids. I actually feel guilty. I mean first of all I haven't thought about them since I got here. I mean I don't say bye to them before I leave to go across the Atlantic and I haven't e-mailed since never! Man, they're gonna be so pissed off at me! Shit!

"Hayley? Really?" My mom asked disgusted. "Are you sure? I mean if you get the green dresses then it'll look like its Christmas with her red hair. Speaking of Christmas, how about a Christmas wedding?" she asked hopefully. That doesn't sound too bad. I mean a cold day and people can't give excuses for not being there because it's on Christmas.

"Mom, Hayley will be my bridesmaid and I would love to have a Christmas wedding, that would be so romantic." I said dreamily. Damn, I said something dreamily! I looked over to my mom and she was giving Mrs Mason the 'Ooooh' look and I just rolled my eyes at them. God, Am I not allowed to be in love!?!?

"Okay!" Mrs Mason said snapping us out of the moment. "Now we have the bridesmaids, we can pick the bridesmaid dresses. So..." she said turning to me "Could I see a picture of these girls?" I nodded and took out my iPhone and went on my Facebook and put on a photo of me and my four girls playing around. I remembered that day. It was when we cut school and drove down to the beach with our guys. We were all in skimpy bikinis and laughing about putting peace signs to the camera. I smiled looking down at the picture. I miss my old life; my friends, my school, the smell of fresh Californian air in the morning. And yes for the record, I love the Katy Perry song California gurls but hate the video.

Mrs Mason took my phone out of my hands and looked down at the photo. "I'm guessing the little girl with the bright red hair is Hayley." She said sitting down next to my mother. My mom nodded.