Preview: You vs. Them

Sixteen Years Later...

Blanket

Teairra, Prince, and I sat at the kitchen island. Mama was busy talking on the phone while Daddy was getting dressed. We heard the heels of his shoes echo on the marble steps. He smiled. "Hey." "Goodmorning." He grabbed his juice and kissed Mama on the cheek who stopped and blushed.

Princess a.k.a Teairra, was busy on Instagram and Prince was nose deep in his Twitter feed. I rolled my eyes as I pulled out my AP work and pointed the pen to Dad. "What's this?" "Contract for my senior year." Daddy nodded as he signed it. "Oh crap, we gotta get the moving." "Shit breh," Prince hissed. I laughed at my older brother as we went to the black SUVs waiting on us. Mama stopped and kissed us all. Her blonde and brown hair pulled back to show her radiant face.

"Don't do anything stupid you three, and I love you." I smiled. "Bye Ma!" I called. Dad left in the same SUV and we went to ours. Teairra waited till their car pulled off to take off her blouse and reveal and white crop top, just short enough to show her belly button ring. Prince pulled off his button down and put on a t-shirt and a beanie. I laughed as I didn't have to do any changing. I kept it simple in an Armani baby blue shirt, black jeans, and a pair of Cole Haan's; I completed the look with a low bun at my neck and my glasses.

"Blanket, are we still hosting that party?" Prince asked. I nodded. "Mama and Daddy will be out of town for that whole week. That's plenty of time to plan, promote, and throw it." Teairra grinned. "I love a good party, and it's gonna a twerkfest with foam! Yass honey, Princess Teairra Mari Katherine Jackson will be turnt for the gods!" Prince glared at his twin. "This is why people don't like you," he countered.

I laughed as I laid down on the seat and looked at my phone. "Too bad Blanket doesn't have a bae to get twerked on." I frowned and glared at Prince who flashed his crooked smile. "Shutup. I don't need a 'bae' at least I don't cuff!" Prince frowned. "Shutup you little pretty boy. You know the only reason girls like you is because of that hair. I mean I hear them down the hall 'Oh Blanket's hair this! Blanket's hair that! I wonder what product he uses? It's so long! I wanna braid it'." I laughed.

"Don't be jealous because you don't have that good grade like me."

Prince sneered and put his head phones on. Teairra was busy on FaceTime with someone I really didn't care for. I sat back and realized how deep of trouble I was in; I didn't have a girlfriend, I didn't have a date to senior/junior prom, hell I hadn't even finished my project for AP Music Theory! I should've dropped out.

I groaned as we pulled up into Bolton Private School. "I legit hate this school," Teairra said, "nothing but fufu ass celebrities's kids who don't have a career of their own." I sat up as I grabbed my backpack. "Don't you mean us?" Teairra rolled her eyes as she flipped her weave. I hadn't seen her real hair since I was fourteen. She squealed when she saw her clique and her boyfriend, Channing Moore.

"Channing Moore is a whore," Prince chanted softly. I laughed. My brother was an asshole, but he was an asshole for reasons; reasons that people thought they knew. I couldn't help but see the sarcasm in his eyes as he greeted Channing. "Wassup bro." Channing smiled and greeted Prince with a handshake. Teairra had her head nestled into Channing chest.

"I'm gonnah head up to the music room before class starts. See you later." I left the clique of other celebrity kids and walked up the stairs to the fourth floor. The music department was on that level and so was the art department. I walked into Mr. Loyola's class and knocked. Too bad no one was in here...except some boy.

I frowned as he was sitting at my seat listening to some soulful song. I cleared my throat and tapped his shoulder. He jumped up and smiled. "My bad man. You're seat?" I nodded slowly. His brown hair fell just above his shoulders and he had matching brown eyes to add to the looks.

"Heath."

"Blanket."

His face twisted. "Nickname," I quickly informed. Heath nodded and sat down. "AP Music Theory huh? I came here from Australia on an acting scholarship.  I'm going to be an a movie soon." Heath beamed proudly. Did he know who I was? "That's cute," I replied. "What about you?" He asked. I turned to face him. "My name is Michael, but everybody calls me Blanket. Wanna know why?" I asked sharply. Heath nodded as he took out his earplugs.

"I couldn't share the same name with my old man in the business." "Really man? Who's that."

"Michael Jackson. You see Heath you just sat in the seat of a god. Now if I didn't have on these designer clothes I would've taught you to never get in my damn way!" I got close to him so that we were nose to nose.

"I am the king, the queen, and the head bitch in charge in this school. Don't cross my path again unless you wanna get got. Okay?" I smiled my gleaming row of braces and batted my lashes in typical Teairra style.

"Don't fuck with a Jackson unless you're willing to pay the price,"I hissed. I knocked over his bag and yanked his earphones out. "Get the picture Heath?"

Author's Note: Okay, now it's officially over until next time! I've had a marvelous time writing this book. I remember explaining it to people and they just couldn't fathom it. I've gotten ridiculed for it and it's okay, because I've had so much fun writing this story and the sequel as it's in progress as we speak. I love each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. I'm not the one you should be thanking, I should be thanking all of you! So thank you for keeping me afloat when I was sinking, to the few who would kik me personally and there we would end up best friends. I've had a blast writing such a powerful story about learning how to face your fears, stand up for yourself, strong love in the hardest places, learning that even the closet are willing to bring you down just to be happy. Remember that. You guys wrote this story. I didn't write it and for that I thank you. *takes a bow* Until next time, it's not over until Michael says it's over...

~Demi <3