Chapter 2

After the interview, Peter went back to his ordinary routine which wasn't exactly very exciting. He longed to be out of the office and away swinging and protecting the city. Don't get him wrong, his job was perfect. He got to be round tech, advanced , retro , you name it and he got paid an insane amount of money to do the same thing he'd been doing since he was 11. He finally could give May the life that she deserved. For some reason, she got married to, of every eligible old guy in the city, one of Spider-Man's archenemies Mole Man whose real name is Smelvin. He didn't pay much attention to him but glare and irritate. He was really the same. Older, 23 now. Taller, 5ft 10 and a 1/2now. More muscular, definitely.

2021 had changed them all. Peter, Sanya most of all. After all, their loss had been far far greater than the loss of others.

Thanos had seemed like a push in the playground, compared to that pain.

Peter's POV:

"Spidey...I'm here." Felicia Hardy AKA Black Cat's melodious, delicious voice sounded.

"Great." I got up and stretched. Finally time for my patrol. Jesus, I'd have to really concentrate today. Seeing Sanya after nearly 3 years took a lot outta me.

"So what happened today, Pete?" Lish asked me as she put on her black mask. She was a couple of years older than me, a natural brunette who dyed her hair blonde. She liked clichés as much as S...some people did not.
We, it pains my teenage conscience to say but makes my adultness very happy to say, were benefited friends. I often asked her out, but like when I was 15, was rejected. She said it wouldn't be good for our patrols if it didn't work out.

"I saw Sanya."

She nearly fell off the roof. Ah, sweet nostalgia. Wow, I AM weird.

"What?!" She knew everything about me. Everything. Just not everything about May 6th. Only Sanya and I know about that. She's my closest confidante but somehow I can't call her my best friend. Jeez, I miss Ned. Haven't seen him since he moved to Boston with Betty. Harry, last I heard, was living with some girl. I don't keep up with the tabloids and we barely stay in touch, being heads of rival companies.

"She came for a job. For some reason, I don't think she came willingly."

"Hell. Musta shook you up." She looked at me.

She was beautiful. Not just on the outside(which she waaas) but on the inside.

She took out a cigarette from wherever she keeps it in her skintight black bodysuit and put it in her mouth.

"Want one?" Her outrightness, sarcasm, bad ass-yness, beauty, strength attracted me to her no bounds. She likes Star Wars too. I am still a nerd.

"Would you go out with me? As a date?" For some reason, I felt she'd give a different answer.

Her green eyes looked at me. And sighed.

"Well, avoiding the feelings didn't do anything. So, yeah." She slung her hands round my neck and kissed me passionately as I shot out a web and swung through the city. I'm not a writer or poet so I won't and can't describe it. Not to mention, we kissed a lot. Did a lot more than kiss, too. But I'll say that I did lose my balance.

Sanya's POV:

"Hey." My roommate, landlord, whatever greets me as I slump down in the sofa.

"Tiring day?" He asks as I put my feet up on the coffee table. He clicks his tongue.

"Oh shut up, Harry. Come out of the damn closet already. A straight guy doesn't care so much about a freaking coffee table." I roll my eyes.

Harry Osborn comes over and sits next to me, snuggling his face in the crook of my neck and kissing it. I give an involuntary shudder.  It feels familiar and nice, but not right.