Chapter 5

"Isn't P-Mr. Parker in yet?" I ask an intern, maybe a year younger than me, a redhead named Ron. No need to ask if his parents were in any fandom.

I think I'd really like his parents. 

"No, he comes in around 9:30, 10. We just come in early because he's nice. The girls because he's hot. Which they say, not me. I wish there were more guy interns." He pathetically ends.

"Well, think of me as a guy." I pat his back. "Wait, I could've entered at 9:30?" I narrow my eyes.

"Yeah...."  He says warily.

"But the HR girls..."

"Are madly in love with him. They figured you'd be the same way."

"I was madly in love with him. He was too. With me, I mean. But really I just love sleep now." I say, dropping my head.

"Wait, you were together?"

"Yeah. Almost 5 years."

"Wow. Why'd you break up?"

"Too personal reasons." I say apologetically. "I mean, even people really close to us don't know the whole thing."

"Well." He crossed his arms. "You shouldn't tell me anyway. I'm getting too nosy. The girls, I tell you...Well, gotta go get coffee for the whole building." 

He ran off before I could bite his head off for his misogynistic comment.

"See ya, Weasel King." I yelled. I had to get my digs in somehow. 

"I'll get you for that!" Ron yelled back.

I sat at the desk in front of Pe-MR. PARKER's office. Must remember to call him Mr. Parker. The walls of the office were transparent now as opposed to when I came for my interview when it was oak.

Neat trick.

I switched on the laptop where an email was waiting for me. From the boss.

My breath hitched at the first 3 words. 

'I need you-"

Somehow I managed not to have a panic attack.

"To get a pen drive from under the Iron Man figurine and delete all the useless files.  Useless that is, keep the movies and delete the business...Uh, thingies. 

Thanks,

Peter Parker."

I smiled at the last part of the sentence. He hasn't changed.

I walked in the office.

It was a simple room, same as any other office room but with various papers and books and figurines thrown around. Talk about a teenager in an adult's body.

What was I supposed to look for again?

Oh, right.

"Iron Man..Iron Man...Oh there it is." I picked up the toy which seemed vaguely familiar.

"Isn't this the toy I stole from Peter when I was 10...." I mutter.

"Yeah. Right before we promised never to lie to each other." Peter's voice made me jump.

"FUCK! Give a girl a warning, Clumsy." Then my senses returned. 

"I am so sorry for swearing and Uh, calling you clumsy and generally acting in a way which will make me get fired. I was just um, getting the pendrive-" I held it up  "which I have got so I'll get out of your hair."