Chapter 3

Last scene is mature. Very explicit.
"Hey, Shadu." I greet my significant other.

"Sandy." He smiles at me, releasing a few skeletal butterflies.

Mohammad Shadab Alam was a good looking guy. Standing 5ft 9, he was one of my friends at my old school in India. He came to America last year to, as many others, find a job.

He did get one, NOT as a cab driver, but as a engineering consultant or something at a big firm. He wasn't a very intelligent individual(he failed in class 9) but he was a brilliant engineer.
He was exactly my age, just 13 days older.

"How was today?" He asks as we settle in.

"Uh, okay. Went to go get a job at Stark Industries." I shrugged.

"Oh, did you get it?"

"I don't know yet. Wanna eat?"

"Yeah. Hungry?"

"Always." I joked.

He laughed, not noting the Harry Potter reference. Peter always did.
Oh God, everything he did was compared to Peter. I have to stop that.

"I'll order pizza. Ok with that?" I ask as I pick up my phone.

"Of course."

After placing the order, I put Chennai Express on Netflix and I snuggled up to Shadab. He tensed a little at the contact but soon eased up.

"Are we dating?" He asks a few minutes later, wrenching my eyes away from the screen.

"Yes. We are."

"Officially?"

"Ok, how do you know all that?" I crossed my arms. There's no official in India, just parents knowing and parents not knowing.

"A girl in my office asked me out. I said to her I had a girlfriend and then she asked if we were official. I asked her to explain what that was." He nodded his head.

"Do you want to be official? We've only been going out a few months."
Say no, I'll have to cancel casual sex with Haz (Harry) if you say yes.

"I have already told Ammi and Abba that I have a girlfriend. So yes. I do."

Maybe I should let him down easy.

He looked at me.

"I want to be official too." I smiled as he came over to hug me.
Well, I do like him very much. I mentally slapped myself and made a note to do it physically after he was gone.

"We need to have one talk, though."

He pulled away.

"What?"

"Are you ever going to do anything more than kiss me?"

He looked flabbergasted.

"You...do you want to do more than kiss?"

"I've already done more than kissed. I lost my virginity when I was 15. And you already know I've had sex, every one in Haldia knew." I say incredulously, referring to the scandal  of '21. It may have arisen here but the news was wildfire there.

"Yes...so you are sure?" He looked nervous.

Annoying as his hesitation was, it was a little endearing.

"Yes re baba, Yes!"

"Now?"

"No, pizza's on the way. Some other time." That wasn't the real reason. I couldn't do it with two guys in one day, I couldn't.